CHAPTER 69 -Greed Island-

Third-person POV

The first thing on their list was to participate in the Antokiba monthly tournament

The first thing on their list was to participate in the Antokiba monthly tournament. Surprisingly enough, Gon and Killua managed to make it to the finals of a rock-paper-scissors tournament. Beginner's luck as Rin would have it, Killua won the match and earned himself the [Sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴏғ Tʀᴜᴛʜ]. Although they rejoiced from earning their very first restricted slot card, it was very short lifted.

"Wait, kids!"

The three of them turned their heads. Thinking it was a threat was very unlikely because the person was more like a scared sheep rather than a wolf baring its fang.

"H-hand over the [Sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴏғ Tʀᴜᴛʜ]! Do as I say, and I won't be rough with you."

Staring at him from head to toe, Rin made a disgusted face, her nose crinkling.

'Isn't that the other way around? This guy's a joke.'

"No way. Ba~ka."

Noticing that the three of them paid no attention to his threat, the guy went frantic. "W-wait! Book!"

On full alert, Gon, Rin, and Killua summoned their own [Bøøκ] and leaped back, keeping their distance between the man.

"Hmph, you're bluffing. I know that you just started this game. You have no defensive spells, and all you have in your restricted slots is the [Sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴏғ Tʀᴜᴛʜ]!" The guy said before taking out a card from his possessions.

"This is [Tʜɪᴇғ]!"

Tʜɪᴇғ

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫. [𝐒𝐑][𝐀𝐓𝐊]

"Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs﹗ Tʜɪᴇғ ᴏɴ﹗ Aᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ Kɪʟʟᴜ--"

POW!

Before he could complete his chant, a sharp pain surged across his right hand and it took all his might to contain his scream. He released his grip on the card and clutched his throbbing hand. Thin vapor slowly dissipating from his raw pink flesh. Across him, Rin was standing with her eyebrows knitted as she blew her finger gun.

"Try that again next time... and you'll be losing an arm." With a warning gaze, Rin pointed her finger gun at the man.

"You must be an amateur. I'm impressed you got into a game for Hunters." Killua scoffed before smirking. "But that was educational. An attack spell won't kick in until you finish the chant."

"T-That only works against weak players!" The guy yelled.

"Ho~ so you're saying we're weak?" A taunting smile escaped Rin's lips as she began cracking her knuckles.