CHAPTER 93 -Chimera Ant-

Killua POV

Getting stronger. That was the plan.

But how did it come to this?

"Knuckle, promise me. You have to save Rin!" Gon's normally cheerful and optimistic demeanor had vanished, replaced by an aura of sadness and frustration.

"Got it. I promise that I'll bring her back. I swear on this token." Knuckle, the young man with a pompadour hairstyle replied.

Back when we managed to escape NGL, Netero, Morel, and Knov, the three professional Hunters, arrived at the NGL boundary. The chairman had handed me two warifu pieces, with the goal of obtaining the remaining two from two assassins who were Morel's trainees. Only then can we return to NGL. Even so, despite a month of rigorous training under Bisky, we still lost. This is the result of it.

I could only watch Gon from a distance, concern etched across my face. I could feel the turmoil inside Gon, but I didn't know how to reach out or what to say.

After a long, heavy silence, Gon finally spoke, his voice trembling with emotion.

"Killua... I'm weak."

"I never knew..." Gon's shoulders shook as he fought to hold back tears, but they still welled up in his eyes.

"I never knew how frustrating weakness can be!"

Gon's trembling hand clenched his fists tightly, and he let out a heart-wrenching sob, his voice raw with emotion

Gon's trembling hand clenched his fists tightly, and he let out a heart-wrenching sob, his voice raw with emotion. His body shook with each cry, and it was as if the weight of the world had descended upon his shoulders.

I had witnessed Gon face countless challenges, each time with unwavering determination, but this was different. This was an ache that ran deeper than any physical pain or adversary we had encountered.

Gon's eyes, usually so full of fiery determination, were now pools of anguish. They glistened with tears that refused to relent, each drop reflecting the anguish that had taken residence in his heart. His breaths came in ragged gasps as if he were trying to contain a storm within himself.

For some reason, I could feel his anguish, his desperation to save Rin. I wished I had a solution, a way to make everything right, but I knew I couldn't provide that. At this moment, all I could do was stand there, a silent witness to Gon's pain. Without knowing, tears were already trailing down my face.

 Without knowing, tears were already trailing down my face