{1} taken

I'd like to apologize for my cliche plot line but I started this a while ago. Read my other fan fictions also!

Ariana's POV

It was twelve o'clock in the evening and to no surprise, I was staying up writing more of my songs. The one I am currently writing is called Popular Song. It was a duet, but I don't have any guy friends to sing it with. Earlier, I finished a song called Piano, and it's one of my favorite songs I've written. I wish I could record these, though I have no desire to be famous.

I heard heavy footsteps in the hallway approaching my small room. Quickly, I shut off my bedside lamp and hid under my soft, fluffy duvet. My 'Dad', Mark, stomped into my room menacingly. I could hear his raspy breathing from his severe addiction to cigarettes. When he slammed the door as he left my safe haven, I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding. Whipping out my phone, I texted my best friend in the whole world,

To Sarah:

Hey! You up?

From Sarah:

Yeah, studying. Why are you up?

To Sarah:

Writing songs... the usual.

From Sarah:

Ahah I had a feeling.

To Sarah:

Wow you know me so well.

From Sarah:

It's not that hard to figure out!

To Sarah:

Exactly... I was being sarcastic.

From Sarah:

Oh. Well goodnight!

To Sarah:

Goodnight :*

Sarah and I have the best relationship! She is always there for me when I need her most and through my darkest hours. I love her so much for that and I'm proud to call her my best friend. Putting down my phone, I decided to go to bed. I set my notebook and pen to the side and finally drifted off into a deep, dreamless sleep.

[Next Morning]

I woke up slowly, my eyes adjusting to the light. Yawning, I reluctantly hopped out of my warm bed and walked to my bathroom to shower. Shutting the door, I stripped and jumping into the warm, refreshing water. After I got out of the shower, I curled my long tresses and applied light, natural makeup. I got dressed into a blue Delia's sweater and light washed jeans. I struggled to tug my tall, brown Uggs as I near the steep steps leading downstairs.

Just as I skipped the last step, my eyes widened at the sight of my 'dad' sitting at the kitchen table, eating delicious looking scrambled eggs and crispy bacon strips.

"Is there any breakfast for me?" I asked timidly as I walked nearer to him.

He snorted, "Of course not! You don't deserve it!" I put my head down. I should have expected this, it happens everyday after all

"Now get your filthy ass out of my house and get to school, you pig." He snarled.

I sighed heavily as I pulled on my winter coat.

Why would he give you food Ariana? It's no different from any other day! I thought harshly to myself.

Sighing yet again I started the five minute journey to my school, also known as a hell hole by many of my peers, including myself.

Finally I sighted my high school after what it seemed like ages of trudging through the snow and ice covered sidewalks as the harsh and cold wind bit away at my face.

As I neared my locker, I saw a patient Sarah waiting for me, leaned up against it.

"Hey! Why do you look so down in the dumps?" She exclaimed me, concern heavy in her voice.

"No breakfast." I mumbled, throwing my bag in my locker.

"That bastard!" Sarah murmured and she pulled me close to her chest.

My classes flew by in an instant. Before I knew it, it was lunch time and I became depressed, knowing that I had no lunch whatsoever. Sarah bought me lunch however, though I tried to tell her not to but she refused, insisting that it was the least she could do and didn't leave until I ate every single crumb left on the plastic cafeteria tray. I smiled internally. She's so sweet, she always puts other's needs in front of her own.

As the bell rang, I sighed, I didn't want to go home to my abusive 'Dad', but I had to, unless I wanted to face the conveniences. Slowly, I walked out in the bitter air again. Wincing, as I forgot my jacket in my locker and the cold, snow filled air nipped at my unprotected skin. I walked slowly down the snow and ice covered sidewalk, thinking about my life, people in it or around it. I didn't happen notice cars speeding past me until one slowly pulled up to me. The window rolled down to reveal an aged man.

He smiled at me creepily and croaked, "You want any candy, sweetie?"

Candy sounded really good right now seeing that I was half starved, but I've heard those cheesy kidnapping stories, and I'm not falling for this old man's tricks.

"No, old perv! For one, I'm not five years old. And two, I'm not an idiot." Feeling satisfied with my sassy answer, I started strutting away faster than before.

Then I realized he had another man with him. The second man ran up behind me and tackled my figure to the ground. I started screaming, hoping someone would hear me. Just to my luck, the street was deserted. Knowing I had no chance beating up two grown men, I gave in. He threw me into the back of the van and drove off to an unknown location. I was probably going to die, but at this point, I don't really care anymore. I didn't have anything to live for anyway.