"Yes, why?" Hardin coolly responds.

"I was thinking that Friday we could go back to Pullman and I could see Landon and Karen. Your father too,"

"What about yours?"

"Oh yeah," I momentarily forgot about my father staying with Hardin. "I've been trying really hard not to think about that situation until you can tell me more about it."

"Are you sure you want to come there?" He asks.

"Yes. I don't live there now, I can always leave if I want to."

"I don't know if it's a good idea.."

"Why not?" I miss Landon so much.

"I don't know," Hardin rubs the back of his neck with his hand. "All this shit with Steph and Zed.." he trails off.

"Hardin, I'm not going to see Zed again, and unless Steph shows up at that apartment or your father's house, I won't be seeing her either."

"I still don't think you should."

"You have to lighten up a little bit." I sigh, resetting the bun in my hair.

"Lighten up?" He scoffs as if the idea has never occurred to him.

"Yes, lighten up. You can't control everything."

His head snaps up, "I can't control everything?" He gapes. "This is coming from you out of all people?"

I laugh, "I'm just saying. I'm giving you the Zed thing because I know it's wrong but you can't keep me from Pullman because you're worried that I will see him." 

"Are you done?" Hardin asks, leaning against the sink.

"With the argument or my hair?" I smirk at him.

"You're annoying," he smiles back at me and slaps my behind as I exit the bathroom in front of him.

I know he is still upset about me spending time with Zed but I'm glad he's being somewhat playful. Christian walks out of the living room and into the hallway, he calls Hardin's name.

"I'll be right out, I need to get my purse." I tell Hardin and he follows Christian back into the living room.

I grab my purse and check my cell phone. I have got to call my mother soon, I keep putting it off and she won't stop calling. I have a message from Zed as well.

*Please don't be upset with me about tonight. I was a jerk and I didn't mean to be. Sorry.*

I don't reply. I delete the message and push my phone into my purse. My friendship with Zed has to end now. I've been leading him on this entire time and every time I say goodbye to him I backtrack and  make the situation worse by seeing him again. It's not fair to him or to Hardin. Hardin and I have enough problems as it is. It bothers me as a woman that Hardin forbids me to see Zed but I can't deny that I'm being a huge hypocrite if I continue my friendship with him. I would never want Hardin to be friends with Molly and spent time with her alone, the thought itself makes me nauseous. Zed has made his feelings for me very clear and it's not fair to Hardin to allow him to pursue them. Zed is kind to me and he's been there for me a lot but I hate the way that I always feel like I have to explain myself to him and defend my relationship.

When I enter the living room, Hardin has his hands in his hair.

"Hell  no." He huffs, backing away from Christian.

"Blood stained jeans and that dirty shirt aren't allowed in the club, regardless of your friendship with the owner," Christian pushes some sort of black fabric to Hardin's chest.