I called Belle, and she answered the phone. "Hewwo?" She mumbled, and I snickered. "Do you want cookies?" I asked, in a baby voice. "Duh!" She swallowed the food in her mouth. "Where?" "Um, at Northern London Pet Shelter. There's a bake sale, so invite as many people as you like. Bring money! I'm not paying for you." She hmphed, and I hung up. I called the other girls, and they all were at the animal shelter in 10 minutes. "Where are the cookies?" Belle demanded, and Niall said, "That's my girl. But, what about me?" He pouted, and she smiled. "I love you, but I love Aly's cookies a bit more. Ooh, what are those?" Her eyes sparkled when she looked at the unicorn poop cookies. The boys and I all snickered. "Um, those are... Unicorn Poop Cookies." Her face lit up more, and she paid Dr. Dreanna for the huge cookie. "Nialler, wanna share?" He nodded, and they began to devour the cookie.

I saw the business man and 3 of his buddies climb out of a sleek looking car at around noon. "Lunch break?" I asked, and he nodded. "Guys, this is the pretty lady that I was telling you about." I shook hands with each of the men, each of them tall and broad. "Hello. I'm Alyson. But everyone calls me Aly. Feel free to call me whatever you like." I smiled warmly. "I'm Devin, and this is Rob, Ethan, and Harry." Devin gestured to each man. "How funny. I have a friend named Harry. Let me introduce them. Hey guys!" I called, and everyone came rushing over. "What's up?" Liam asked, peering at the 4 men in front of me. "These are my friends. Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, Harry, Hannah, Ashley, Belle, and Kenzie." I grinned, and everyone shook hands. "Guys, this is Devin, Rob, Ethan, and Harry." Harry and Harry highfived, and I laughed. "Nice name." Young Harry said to Older Harry. "I completely agree with you." He grinned, and we all laughed.

"Cookie? Macaroon?" I offered, and each man took one of each cookie except for the unicorn poop cookies, which they shared one. "Thank y'all." I blushed, and Rob asked, "I noticed you have an American accent. Are you also from Texas?" He chewed on his third macaroon, and I nodded. "Yes, sir. I'm from Texas." "What are these rainbow cookies called? My daughter's 5th birthday is coming up, and she would love these." Ethan said, looking at the glittering cookie. I blushed. "Um, those, sir, are... Um..." Liam nudged me. "Go on. Tell them." I glared at him. "Those are Unicorn Poop cookies." The men started laughing, and Ethan said, "That's great. Here's my number. I would absolutlely love if you could make these for my daughter's party. She is somewhat obsessed with unicorns. And your friends" I grinned, and he sighed. "Thank you, sir. When is this party?" "Next Tuesday at 5 pm. It's at this address" I handed him the piece of paper back, and he quickly wrote down the address. "Thank you." I said as he handed me the slip of paper. He bought another Unicorn poop cookies as I talked to Liam about doing a gig for the little girl. He agreed, and I squeal quietly. "Sir?" I asked, placing his cookie in a plactic baggie. "You mentioned your daughter was obsessed with my friends. They would be more than happy to acompany me to your daughter's party and perform." His face lit up. "Really? That would be amazing." I grinned, and shook each of their hands again. "Have a nice day!" I called, and they drove out of the parking lot, honking the horn.

Dr. Dreanna looked at my jar with the money, and her eyes widened. "Wow. Those men must have really like your cookies. And the eyecandy." She winked at the girls and I, and we blushed. Well, everyone except for Belle. "Yeah!" She said loudly, bumping fists with Harry. We all laughed at her, and we continued selling more and more of my cookies. Each box was almost empty, and Dr. Dreanna said that it was time to close up shop. "Would you mind if my friends had the rest of the cookies? I can pay for them." I asked, and I handed her some money. "No, sweetie. You've done good. And, the Shelter would like to thank your friends. They helped out with the animals just about the entire time we were selling." I smiled. "Thank you." She smiled warmly, and when she turned her back, I shoved 50 pounds into the donation bucket. I smiled, and started to help clean up. I put away my Rubbermaid containers into the car, and helped put away the folding tables, and clean up trash. I stretched, and Liam wrapped his arms around me.

"That was nice. What you did." He whispered, kissing my cheek. I looked up with a confused expression. "What?" I asked, and he smiled. "You know. I saw you put 50 pounds in the money jar. Plus, you bake 5 dozen of each type of cookie, and you sold out. That means, you sold 360 baked goods of your own, not including the few dozen cookies Dr. Dreanna brought. There was only enough cookies for each of us to have one. And, you got us a gig, and you get to bake Unicorn Poop for a party, next Tuesday." I grinned. "Well, did you see how his face lit up? By the way, I see Devin everyday, when I'm going to the coffee shop, and I decided to offer him a cookie. I told him about the bake sale. Also, each day I say hello. He's really nice."

Lou wanted to drive, and I didn't care. I said good bye to the girls, and I thanked them for coming out. I waved as they all drove away in their own cars. I sat in the spare seat next to Liam. I laid my head in his lap, and Harry snapped a picture, posting it on Twitter. "I haven't checked Twitter in forever." I said, pulling out my iPhone. I had gained, like, 50,000 followers. But, I also had tons of hate. I felt the tears running down my face, and they landed on Liam's blue jeans. I wiped away my tears, and I turned my head so I faced Liam's stomach. I cried silently. Thank god I learned how to cry and take even breaths. I thought as the tears leaked out of my eyes. I hid behind my hair, and Liam brushed it back, revealing my tearstained face. "Aly, what's wrong?" He whispered. I quickly wiped my tears away. "N-n-nothing, baby. I'm fine." I said. "No, you're not." He protested, "If you're wiping away tears, that is a sign that you aren't fine." I sighed. "Baby, I don't want to tell you. You'll go all over-protective boyfriend on me. And I really don't want to bust out any ninja moves in the van." I giggled, and he smiled. "Very funny. I won't go over-protective boyfriend on you. I promise." I bit my lip, and gave in when he started pouting. "I recently checked Twitter, and I gained over 50,000 followers. But I'm loaded with hate." I handed him my phone, and I watched his face turn redder and redder with each tweet. I snatched my phone away before he could break it, and I handed him a cookie I had snuck. "Want a cookie?" I asked quietly, and he shook his head. "No. I don't want a cookie. Cookies don't make everything better, Aly. This will be one of those things where the cookie isn't going to make it better." I frowned, and I nibbled on the cookie. I quit, and I woke Niall up. "Niall? Do you want this?" I handed him the cookie, and he took it. I turned back into Liam's stomach, and I watched his shirt move as he breathed.

When we arrived at the apartments, I asked Liam if he wanted to spend the night. He nodded, and I said, "Don't worry about PJs. You left some at my house the other day, and I washed them. They're in a drawer I had cleared out for you." He followed me into the house, and Harry said, "No monkey business." I shook my head. "Of course not, Mr. Styles." Louis walked in behind him, and shouted something, but I didn't understand. Liam flushed a thousand shades of red, and of course I blushed, too. Marie was sitting on the couch, and I put the containers in the sink. I yawned. "Hey, Auntie." I flashed her a smile, and sat down on the floor. Liam sat next to me, and I pulled him into my lap. Marie watched, and laughed. I saw the empty bottle of wine on the coffee table, and the 1/4 filled wine glass. "Aly, sweetie, you're supposed to be sitting in Liam's lap. Not him sitting in your lap." She slurred, and I smiled. "But, why would I do that, when I would have to lean against his chest, and get too warm. I can just lay my head against his back, and I can stay cool and be comfortable enough to sleep while he watches Toy Story. Again." I snickered, and she smiled. "Ok. Welp, I'm heading to bed." She slapped her hands together, and picked up the couch pillow she was lying on. "Good night, Aunt Marie." Liam and I said in unison, and he blushed. "What? She told us when you moved in to call her Aunt Marie." He defended himself.

I threw him over my shoulder. "Nighty-night." I said, throwing him on the bed. I changed into sweatpants and a tank top, and Liam changed into sweatpants. We took turns in the bathroom, and he carried me over his shoulder to the bed. I laughed, and he threw me on the bed. "I love you, Liam." I whispered, and he whispered back, "I know. I love me, too." I slapped his shoulder lightly, and he gave me a monkey grin. "You totally ruined the moment." I huffed, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you." He whispered, and I fell asleep, curled in his arms.

------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.