Chapter 54

Chapter 54

I eventually fell asleep, and I was holding Liam's hand.

My eyes snapped open, and I sat up. I began getting ready, and I was about to walk out the door when Liam staggered down the stairs. "Hey, where are you going?" He yawned, rubbing his eyes. "I'm going to get a door. Before I forget. I haven't puke for a while, I should be fine. I love you. Be back in about 30 minutes." I kissed his cheek, and grabbed a piece of the door I had broke. I got in the car, and listened to the radio. I was thinking about how kind Liam was. I really didn't deserve someone like him. I pulled into the hardware store I had researched while I was awake, and I climbed out of the car. I stowed the piece of door in my purse, and my wedges made little clicking noises. I hated these shoes.

I walked in, and I looked around for an associate. I found a man who looked to be about 50 years old, and I walked up to him. "Hello, sir. Um, I need some help. I'm looking for a door that is similar to this." I said, handing him the broken door. His eyes widened at the wood, and he asked me what I did to it. "Oh, well, my boyfriend started puking really bad, and the door was locked. So, I kicked it down, and he was about to pass out. I ripped the door off the hinges, and I sorta put a giant hole in it." I blushed, and he nodded, leading me down an aisle with doors. He stopped in front of a pale door, and said, "This what you're looking for?" I nodded, and thanked him. I picked up the heavy door, and walked to the checkout. He just stared as I held it up to the clerk. I sat it down, and started digging in my purse for the money. He tapped my shoulder, and said, "Do you want a cart or anything?" I shook my head. "No, thank you, sir. I'll be good. Thank you for offering though." Everyone stared at me when I walked out of the store, hoisting the heavy door over my shoulder. I shrugged, and gently placed it in my car.

I smacked my forehead, and waltzed back in. "I forgot hinges. Do you have any like this?" I asked the same man, and he led me down a different aisle. He handed me the hinges, and I compared them. "These will do. Thank you, sir." I said, grabbing 3 and heading for the check out. Liam called me, and we had a little discussion. "What do you mean, Niall broke the fridge door?" I said into the phone, and he stated back, "He took the door, off the fridge." I shook my head. "What?" I whined. "Does this mean I have to fix it also?" Liam responded, and he gave me the make and model number of the fridge. I hung my head, and walked back to the man. "Hello, again. I'm sorry to keep bothering you. My friend broke the door off of my fridge. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?" I asked, and he led me to the fridges. I showed him the fridge we were using, and Liam sent a picture of what Niall did to the fridge. The man laughed, and said, "Well, with this model, the door has a tendency to pop off." I nodded, and he demonstrated. I asked how to fix it, and he just lined up the hinges, and pushed the door back into place. "Thank you. Hopefully, my friends won't break anything else." I grinned, and gave him a hug. I paid for the door hinges, and I put them in the passenger seat.

I walked into the apartment, door over my shoulder, and I was surrounded by boys. "Guys, guys, guys, guys. HEY!" I shouted, and they all took a step back. "Let me put down the door, and I'll fix the fridge." I said, placing the door against the wall. Zayn offered to take it up, and I laughed as he tried to pick it up alone. "This is heavy!" He whined, and Lou offered to help him. They carried it up the stairs, and I showed the boys how to fix the fridge. "This model has a tendency to pop off, so you just lift it up, line it up, and push it back into place. Easy squeezy." I said, and demonstrated. The boys all stared, and I dashed up the stairs to see the boys still struggling. I sighed, and I picked up the door, swiftly walking to the bathroom. I opened it up, and I took off the old hinges. I place the new ones on, and the door was put in place. I shut the door, leaned against it, locked it, unlocked it, tested it to make sure it was right. I grinned, and threw away the trash.