Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"The Goonies!" I shouted, jumping on the couch. I sat down, and got comfortable, then realized I had forgotten the popcorn. I sighed, then went to the kitchen to get the popcorn. "1 for Niall, 1 for Louis and Harry, 1 for Zayn and Liam, a bowl of carrots, and Goldfish." I muttered, finding the needed food. I place everyone's popcorn in bowls, place them on the wooden cutting board, and grabbed a 12 pack of soda. I paused the movie, and handed out the food. "Niall...Louis and Harry...Zayn and Liam... Me... Niall...Louis and Harry...Zayn and Liam...Me... Extra soda is by Liam's feet." I said. I hit play, and put away the cutting board.

I quietly began my batman bit. "na na na na na na na..." building at a steady pace. I run, and flipped over the back of the couch screaming, "BATMAN!!" I heard a second voice scream with me, and I turn my head and see Liam shutting his mouth. Everyone else just stared at us. "Shuddup and watch the movie." I commanded, and everyone giggled. "Ok, mummy." Louis shouted from the loveseat he shared with Harry. I glared at him. "Not funny." "Yes, it is."

"No, it's not."

Yes, yes it is."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"N-" Louis was cut off my Liam, who shouted, "Shut up! I'm trying to watch the Goonies for the first time." I gaped at him, and Zayn walked over, closed my mouth, saying, "Love, that isn't attractive." I slapped him, and said, "I don't carry a compact mirror with me all the time, and I'm a GIRL!" I shouted. Liam finally had enough, and slapped us all on our arms. "Oww!" was a collective shout in the room.

Everyone sulked, and I watched as everyone fell asleep. Well, everyone but me. I could never sleep, even when I was little. I stayed up, and watched four other movies before someone woke up, and it was Niall. "I'm hungry." He muttered. I picked him up, well, more like pulled on his arms lifted him 4 inches, then let him fall to the ground. "OW!" he hollered. "Shuddup!" I shushed him. "Follow me." I led him to the kitchen, and I watch as he made a sandwich. I said, "Want to play 20 questions?" "Sure!" He sat down at the table, and we began.

"Favorite color?" He started the questions.

"Orange. Like the sunset."

"Favorite food?"

"Goldfish"

"Favorite thing to do?"

"Bake"

"Why did you move to London?"

I shifted in my seat a little, remembering the fire from a month ago. "Um... My dad died in a fire a mo-month ago, and my real mom doesn't want me. So I came here to live with my Aunt Marie." I sniffed, feeling the burning sensation behind my eyes. "Oh." Niall dropped his eyes, and I felt the tears running down my face without my permission. He looked up, saw me crying, then rushed to get 2 paper towels; one wet, one dry. "Thanks." I sniffled, and he wrapped me in a giant hug. I cried into his shoulder, and he was really concerned. "I'm fine, really. Finish your sandwich."

I heard someone shift in the other room, and I quickly dried my eyes, and placed the wet towel over my eyes. After a minute, I took it off, threw away all evidence of crying, and fixed my hair. I placed a smile on my face, and winked at Niall. He nodded back, and continued to eat. I saw Liam stretch, then look around uncomfortably. "Can I help you?" My voice chimed. Why did I have the annoying butterflies in my stomach? He was startled to see me awake, and nodded. "Um. Where is the, uh, bathroom?" "Next to my bedroom. I think you know where that is, after the spoon incident." I winked at him, and he grinned. "Yeah. I can manage."

I layed down where I was after checking in with Niall, and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.