Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I started thinking about the boys. I thought about Niall, and how sweet he was. I thought about how much Harry flirts, and how much Louis and I are similar. I thought about Zayn, even though I didn't know much. He was very quiet. I thought the most about Liam though. Liam, and his, um, spoonaphobia, and my molluscophobia. Why did he want to know if my favorite superhero was Batman? I decided to walk around the apartment complex, and I took the banana bread out of the oven. I knocked on Louis' door, and I set the banana bread on the ground with a note.

Hey guys!

Thanks for being awesome friends. I never really had friends in Texas. It's nice to have a few. :)

♥ Alyson

I quickly walked away, and fought through the crowd of girls. I wandered aimlessly in the perfect temperature. "I'm glad I moved during the summer." I smiled to myself. America held too many memories. Painful memories. I looked around. No one. I found a tree with a fork in it. I climbed to the fork, and wedged myself. I began to cry. I held in my emotions too long. Again. I sat and cried for a long time. I looked at my phone. 6:45. I sighed, and climbed down. I wiped my face with my hands. I ran into a taller person. "My bad. Please excuse me." I looked up and saw Liam.

I blushed, and ducked my head. I began to walk away. "Alyson?" Liam called. I turned, but stared at the ground. "Yes, sir?" I muttered, out of habit. "Sir?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow. I sighed, "Habit." He nodded.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Why?"

"Why were you crying?"

My eyes widened, and I stared at him. "I wasn't crying." I lied smoothly. "Liar." He called me out. I looked up. "I doubt you really care. I would rather not waste my breath." I ran away. He stared, dumbfounded, as I sprinted. I went into Marie's apartment and locked the doors. I sat in the middle of the floor and started thinking, more and more. I didn't hear the door open, or the lock click. I did, however, feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I ducked my head and pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"Alyson. Alyson, look at me." I looked up. The arms disappeared from around me, and I saw Liam sit down in front of me. He grabbed my hands, and I asked, "How may I help you?" He smiled. "You can tell me what's wrong. From the beginning." I looked into his eyes, and saw he was being serious.

"From the very beginning?" I asked.

"Yes." He nodded. I sighed and began.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.