Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Good night, boys." I whispered, and crept back down the stairs.

I woke up at 2:30, and stared at my phone. At 3, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I slowly rolled onto my side and faked I was sleeping. I peeked at who was awake, and I saw Liam, sorta just standing over me. I flip over onto my back, and curled into my blanket. I saw him smile, and run his hand through his brown hair. I scrunched my face, and I yawned. I opened my eyes, and saw Liam staring wide-eyed at me. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry." He whispered hurridly. "Nah. I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Time zone differences." I grinned, and Liam lifted my feet to sit down next to me. I curled up and scooted closer to him.

We sat and watched some cartoons, then around 5 Batman came on. I moved off the couch, and closer to the TV so I could hear it better. Liam laughed quietly behind me, and I quickly shushed him. "Shuddup! Batman is talking!" I stated in a hushed tone. Liam crawled down next to me, and he wrapped his arms and legs around me. "I love Batman." "Me, too. Shh! This is my favorite episode!" I hushed him again, and I felt him shake with laughter. The butterflies only increased in my stomach. After Batman was over, I rubbed my eyes. "Tired?" He asked. "Nah. My eyes are itchy." I laughed.

I stood up to go to the bathroom, and Liam walked into the kitchen. I walked down the stairs, and I heard Liam whimpering. I thought for a moment. I made banana bread, and I use a spoon to scoop out the extra batter. A spoon. I ran into the kitchen, and I threw away the spoon. I held on to Liam, and I started murmuring comforting things into his ear. "Shh, shh, it'll be ok." He calmed down quickly. I stood up, and handed him some orange juice. "You're shaking really bad." We left the kitchen, and I pulled the couch out to the bed it makes. I laid down, and I patted the spot next to me. He laid down next to me, and I fell asleep on my stomach like always. I felt him wrap his arms around me, and I sighed.

Why did I have to get the butterflies so much around Daddy Direction?

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.