Chapter 46

Chapter 46

"We're here!" Harry sang, and I quickly climbed out of the car, grabbing the cookies before they got trampled. "Stay here, and I'll see if they want you guys to make a special entry or whatever." The boys nodded, and I walked up to the front door of an expensive looking house. The door opened, and I saw a little girl, probably about 5 years old. I knelt down to her level. "Hi, are you Ethan's little girl?" I asked, and she nodded. "Who are you?" She asked, and I laughed. "My name's Aly. I know your daddy. He had some of my cookies for a bake sale, and I bake some cookies you might like. Oh, and I have some special friends in the van. Your daddy knows about them, but they're a surprise. Can you run in and get him for me? I need to ask him something about my friends." She nodded, suddenly excited. She rushed away, leaving the door open, and I grinned, quietly shutting the door. I waited for a few minutes, then Ethan appeared at the door. "Ok, Princess, I have to talk to Aly about her friends." She nodded, and I said, "You have a beautiful little girl right there. Might wanna learn how to use a shotgun." I winked, and he laughed. "Ok, so, do you want my friends to come in with me, or knock on the door in a few minutes..." I trailed off, letting him think. "I think they should come in now. Jaz has been dying to know who your friends are." I grinned. "Then, she'll be even more excited. Cool. I'll go get them."

I walked to the van, and told the boys they had to be quiet. I led them to the door, and knock again. Ethan answered the door, and led us around the house to the backyard. I clutched Liam's hand. Ethan seemed off. I don't know why, but it didn't feel right with him around. I squeezed Liam's hand, and he smiled at me. I let go of his hand, and fell back a little bit to hang with Nialler. "Hey, buddy. What's up?" I asked, and he shook his head. "I think... I think Ethan just winked at me. Like, gave me a Harry wink." I nodded, and bit on my lip. "Ok, Aly, would you mind setting the cookies in the kitchen? You can arrange them on a platter if you like. Boys, come with me." I carried the container into the kitchen, and I found a man with a flour dusted apron dancing around the kitchen.

"Oh, uh, hello. Do you need some help?" I asked, setting the cookies on the counter. "Oh, no. Not at all. You must be Alyson. I'm Dave." I shook his hand, and said, "I am Alyson, but please call me Aly. Nice to meet you, you must be Jaz's uncle." His eyes widened. "No, I'm her father." I was a little confused, and he laughed. "I'm Ethan's husband." I nodded. "Ok. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. Geez, I'm sorry. I feel a little stupid now." I blushed, and Dave laughed. "Don't worry about it. Um, can I take you up on your help now? I don't really cook well, but Ethan knows how the microphones and stuff works." I laughed. "Don't worry. I'm with you on that. I have no clue what the boys are talking about half the time, although I did fix the car." I shrugged, and continued, "What do you need help with?" I tied my hair up and washed my hands. "Well, Jaz requested chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and sweet corn. The only thing I know is the sweet corn."

I grinned. "Do we have a mini Texan in the house? I lived in Texas most of my life. I know what she's talking about. I'll get'er done." I hunted around for 2 gallon bags, and began cracking eggs into one. I grabbed the ground beef out of the fridge, and cut it into slices, placing them into the egg. "Would you make sure that the steaks get covered in egg?" I asked, handing the bag to Dave. He nodded. I put flour, salt, pepper, and some other spices (A/N can't name them off the top of my head) in the other bag, and he handed me the egg covered steak. I check the grease in the pan on the stove, and I put the potatoes on to boil. I placed the battered steak in the grease, and the sizzling and popping of grease soon filled the room. "Mmmm, Dave, what are you making? It smells good." Ethan entered, giving Dave a kiss on the cheek. I ignored it, and continued making the chicken fried steak. I took the done strips out of the grease, and onto a glass plate with paper towels on it. "Why did you put the paper towel there?" Dave asked, pointing at the steak. "It lets the grease drip away. You do this with stuff like bacon and sasuage also." I shrugged, wincing a little from the hot grease popping on to my skin. I drained the potatoes, and said, "Are you, Ethan or Demi lactose intolerent?" I asked, and he shook his head. "Good." I grinned, and put butter, salt, pepper, and milk into the softened potatoes, then turned on the mixer. I finished the sweet corn, and by the time that was all done, I had finished the chicken fried steak. "Done, and finished." I said, and I began cleaning. It wasn't too teribble, I had cleaned while I cooked. Dave stopped me, saying, "I'll do that. You go out and hang out with Demi and your friends. She loves you." I smiled, and I quickly placed the cookies on a platter.