Chapter 56

Chapter 56

I smiled, and began getting ready.

I showered, and I wrapped my towel around my body. Someone was banging on the door, and I grabbed lotion, a brush, my hair dryer, and my dirty clothes, and opened the door, revealing a dancing Harry. "Hey." I stated simply, and he rushed past me, and slammed the door shut. I giggled, and I walked to my room, dripping water on the floor. "Liam! Get out!" I said, and he was reading my songbook I made when I was 13. My eyes widened, and I snatched the book out of his hands, not caring about anything else. "No!" I said firmly, and I clutched the songbook to my towel covered chest. He looked at me, and I pointed to the door. "I'm cold, wet, and cranky. Get out so I can get dressed." I grumbled, and he left. I felt bad, and I opened the cook to the song he was reading. "Fly" I whispered, wet hair dripping on my face.

Memories started flooding, sloshing in my brain. My only friends leaving me. Turning on me. Becoming my enemies. They aimed their pain, their hate, at me, making me feel bad. They wanted me to be something I'm not, and because of it, I was bullied. Gossip ruined me. The one thing they didn't know, was that I was going to win. They probably didn't realize it, but their hate, made me stronger. It made me better. I quickly shoved those memories away, and I allowed myself to get dress in this, letting my true colours show: ---> I pulled out my keyboard, and set it up. I began playing the melody I had memorized at 14, when I wrote the song. I began singing, and rapping along.

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

I peeked over my shoulder to see if anyone was there before I began rapping.

I wish today it will rain all day
Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away
Trying to forgive you for abandoning me
Praying but I think I'm still an angel away
Angel away, yeah strange in a way
Maybe that is why I chase strangers away
They got their guns out aiming at me
But I become Neo when they're aiming at me
Me, me, me against them
Me against enemies, me against friends
Somehow they both seem to become one
A sea full of sharks and they all smell blood
They start coming and I start rising
Must be surprising, I'm just summising
I win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher
More fire

After that rapping bit, I began playing random notes, finding different melodies that I liked, and writing them down on my melody sheet. I stopped when I heard my door creak open, and I listened for a minute, pretending to write something down. "Hello, Niall. Can I help you?" I asked, putting my pencil in my back pocket. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Geez, you guys should be used to me knowing who walked through the door." I smiled, and I put away my keyboard, stashing it in my closets. He shook his head. "Yeah, I know. But, it's still a little unnerving to have someone greet you without even looking at you first." He chuckled, and I dragged a brush though my hair. "Ready?" I asked, and he nodded.

I walked down the stairs with Niall. Liam was on the couch. (Looked like picture minus guitar) I smiled, and said, "Well, you look beautiful." Everyone laughed, and he said, "I'm supposed to say that." I grinned, "I know. I told you, I want to flip the tables every once in a while. Keep things... fresh." He laughed, and Niall led us to the car. "Put these on." He commanded, and handed us bandanas. I shrugged, saying, "I like surprise. And birthdays. They mean presents. And cake. I like cake, too. But I don't like the number 2. I like the number 4. Did you know that Tetris is four in Greek? Or was it Latin? Something like that." I rambled, and Liam and Niall laughed at me. "What?" I asked, confused and blind. "You ramble, and it's hilarious. You were talking about cake, then switched to numbers. How?" Liam said, and I shrugged, forgetting he couldn't see me. "I dunno. I just say what pops into my mind. I feel comfortable around you two. I don't feel comfortable around tons of people though. I always think that one person is just gonna pull out a gun and be all like, Pew, pew, pew. Die!" I said, and gained more laughter.