Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Why did I have to get the butterflies so much around Daddy Direction?

We all left to hang out at the nearest coffee shop at around 11. I found out that Zayn spends more time in the bathroom than me. "Zayn!" I whined. "I have to pee!" He laughed, and I barged in. He watched as I began to unbutton my pants. His eyes widened and he sprinted out of the bathroom. "Thanks!" I shouted. I heard a chorus of laughter from downstairs. Marie had to go to a brunch, and wouldn't be back until about 2. I buttoned my pants as I walked down the stairs. I blocked Zayn from going upstairs. "Nope. We gots ta leave!" I yelled, and I hear the boys whooping and opening the door. I grinned and grabbed Zayn's wrist, dragging him out.

I noticed that the boys were acting weird. Liam refused to make eye contact, Harry wasn't flirty, Louis was quiet, and Niall didn't want to eat. I was scared. Niall didn't want to eat. I ordered my iced mocha, and I sat down with the boys. Louis was next to me, and he started to joke around. "Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, mom, mom, mom, mom, mum, mum, ma, ma, ma, ma, mummy..." "WHAT?!?!?!" I yelled. The boys laughed, and I flushed red. "Louis. To the car. Now." I grabbed his wrist, and I led him away. He pulled away from me, and I turned. "Now, Louis!" I yelled. "Liam, hun, when she calls 122, will you get my coffee? It's paid for. Thanks!" I said, dragging Louis away. I saw the boys stifle laughs, well, everyone but Liam. I tugged Louis away, and we joked around a little bit outside. Then I pulled Harry. Then Niall, and Zayn. By that time, Liam had my coffee, and started to drink it. I gave him a look, and he surrendered the coffee. "Thank you." I winked and started my coffee. "Do I not get pulled out to the car?" "Nope." I popped my lips on the 'p'. "Why would you think that, Daddy Direction?" I grinned as he squirmed.

We walked back to the apartments, and it was crowded. I felt a hand grab my shirt, and I turned. Niall was behind me. "I forgot to tell you. I got Isabelle's number last night." I gave him a hug and said, "I'm so proud of you." He blushed. I watched Harry admire a vase of flowers, and as he touched the petals, he bumped into the table, and it went crashing down. I saw a girl hurry over with towels stacked up in front of her, and I watched as she collided with Harry, spilling the towels over the spilled water. I saw them exchange a few words, and I saw Harry pull out his phone and hand it over.

I grinned and sipped my iced coffee. "So..." I started as Harry strolled over. "Who was the girl?" "Hannah." He sighed. I rolled my eyes. "Details perhaps?" I tapped my foot impatiently. "Her name is Hannah, and she works down by the pool. She has prettty blue-green eyes." He walked into a few people, and after I had laughed at him, I grabbed his wrist and the boys and I hopped onto the golf cart that is rented out to One Direction. Zayn shot a few glances in my direction, and I finally caught him. I smiled broadly and winked. He blushed, and I looked over to Liam. He had a hurt expression on his face. I nudged him, and he looked up and smiled. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Me: We need 2 tlk.

Liam: Y

M: U look like u need 2 tlk

L: Ok. 2nite after every1 is sleeping

M: Sounds like a plan. :)

I walked into my aunt's apartment, and threw away my iced mocha. Or what was left. Liam drank just about half of it. I shook my head. The boys followed me in, and sat down to watch a movie. I popped in 'The Dark Night Rises' and asked Zayn if he could help me finish organizing my room. "You spend as much time in the bathroom as a girl, so I figured you would be just as organized." I grinned, and he blushed as he stood up. I sat on my floor and started going through the first box. He grabbed a box and started sorting everything into piles. I looked over at him. He was staring at a little green notebook.

My green notebook. He started to flip through it, and landed on a poem. He started to read, and I didn't realize he was actually reading it until he asked me about it. "Is this all... True?" He whispered. "What? Is all what true?" I smiled up, but it quickly disappeared as I realized what he was holding in his hand. "Which poem did you read?" "Forever Alone." I grabbed it out of his hands, and I read it to myself quickly.

Forever Alone.

No one cries.

No one cares.

I cry.

I care.

I fake smiles, and hide emotions.

No one cries.

No one cares.

I sit alone.

No one cares.

I stand alone.

No one cares.

It's like friends and enemies

become one.

I will be

Forever Alone.

I looked up at Zayn, concern filled in his dark eyes. I slowly nodded. "I was 9 at the time." He wrapped his arms around me. "I... I need to tell you something, Alyson." "Yeah?" I asked, my face becoming an emotionless mask, something I had mastered early in life.

"I... I love you."

--------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.