Chapter 41

Chapter 41

14 more days.

5 days flew by, and soon, I was bustling around the kitchen, making 6 different types of cookies I had the boys test drive. "Choco chips are done!" I hollered, and everyone was crowding into the kitchen. They tasted these cookies like they did with the white choco chip and macadamia nut, the oatmeal raisin, the sugar, and the unicorn poop cookies. Everyone giggled at that, and they all shared one cookie, because they are huge! Those took the longest to bake, all because I could only cook 2 or 3 at a time. "What's your last cookie flavor going to be?" Niall asked, rubbing his stomach. I thought about it, and I said, "You choose. I can't decide between fortune cookies and-" Niall cut me off, saying, "Fortune cookies!" I looked at him. "Would you boys like to type up good, clean fortunes?" I asked, and everyone shook their heads. "So, fortune cookies are off limits for the bake sale. I'll make some later, just for us. I'm going to make some macaroons now. Coconut or red velvet?" I asked, and Zayn piped up, "Coconut." I pointed at him. "We have a winner. I was going to make coconut regardless."

I snickered, and I began mixing the coconut, sugar and nutmeg. I asked Liam to beat the egg whites, which I had in a bowl. I handed him a fork, and he looked at me funny. I sighed, and took away the fork, handing him a whisk. "Better." He laughed, and I rolled my eyes. "It's easier with a fork, but whatever dude." I grinned, and he handed me the egg whites. I got my hands wet, and I rolled the dough between my fingers, then placing them about an inch or so apart on the cookie sheet. I popped them in the oven for about 25 minutes, and started cleaning up. "LiLi, when did Dr. Dreanna say the bake sale was?" I asked, scrubbing the dishes from my chocolate chip cookies. "9. Which means you have about an hour to finish these macaroons, and get ready." I sighed. "Ok. Liam, would you and someone else go up and pick out an outfit for me?" He nodded, and left, and Zayn trailed behind him. "Hazza, Lou, would you two mind looking for big Rubbermaid containers to put the sweets in? Nialler, I need you to try these." I handed him a macaroon, and Hazza and Lou pouted, but hunted for containers. They came up with 6 large containers just as I pulled the last batch of coconut macaroons out of the oven. "Perfect timing. Ok, Liam, Zayn, thanks for picking out an outfit. It's in the bathroom, right?" They nodded, and I gave each boy a mission. I pointed at each boy. "Choco chip, macadamia nut, oatmeal, sugar, unicorn. I'll pack up the macaroons before we leave so they can breathe. Imma take a shower. Thank y'all."

I quickly rushed up the stairs, and took a shower. I looked at the time. "Leeeeyuum!" I shouted, and I quickly pulled on a t-shirt over my bra. "Yes?" He poked his head through as I was shoving my legs into my boot-cut jeans. "How long does it take to get to the animal shelter?" I asked, brushing my hairs as I slid down the banister. "5 minutes. Why?" I pushed the brush into my back pocket, and I began putting the macaroons into the container. "Babe, it's like 8:50. We have 10 minutes." I sighed, and I gathered my bag, the cookies, and was about to walk out the door when Liam stopped me. He dangled my shoes above me, and I frown. "Boys, let's go! We're gonna be late!" I shouted, and I scowled at Liam. I waved him off, and began heading towards the van. "Ehh, I'll put them on in the van. Boys! Get you little monkey behind down. NOW!" I shouted. Everyone rushed down the stairs, and I stalked towards the van. "Hello. How has your day been? Cookie?" I asked the business man with the briefcase. He took the sugar cookie out of my hand, and replied, "Rushed. These are really good. What's your secret?" He was awed by the awesomeness of my cookie. I winked, and replied, "There is no secret. I just enjoy what I do, and trial and error. I've been baking for a while now. By the way, I'm going to a bake sale. Feel free to come later on. It's over at Norhtern London Pet Shelter. Bye!" He rushed away, and I climbed into the van.

The boys hurried out to the van, and it was 8:55. "Lou, you can't drive. You drive like a grandma. Li, you drive. Hurry, please." I added, and handed the boys a macaroon. I set the containers in Zayn's lap, and I began putting on my blue converses. "Zayn, Liam, you two have great fashion sense. Well, for me at least." I grinned, and I looked down at what I was wearing. "We're here." Liam sang out, and I kissed him. "Thanks, baby." I jumped out of the car, and pulled the cookies out of my seat. I saw Dr. Dreanna, and she was staring wide eyed at me. "Did you make all these cookies... for the bake sale?" She asked, awestruck. I nodded. "Whatever doesn't sell, my boys and girls will eat." I grinned, and Niall winked. "Speaking of girls, I should call them, and tell them to hurry up. Would you like me to help set up? I did make little paper signs for these." I handed her little paper tents that said, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sugar Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, White Choco Chip & Macadamia Nut Cookies, Unicorn Poop Cookies, Coconut Macaroons. She grinned. "Nope. I think I can tell which is which. You go ahead and call your friends."