Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Then why did I talk to Liam?" My eyes widened. I looked out the window, and I saw Liam talking to the boys. I quickly climbed out the window and down the ladder. "Hello boys. Hey, um, Liam? Can I talk to you?" I muttered, rocking on my feet. Stupid butterflies. Why do I have them so much around Liam? "Uh, yeah. What's up?" He asked. I took and I shoved him to the ladder. "Up you go." I yelled. He started to climb the ladder, and he wasn't going fast enough, so I slapped his butt. "Ow! What was that for?" He whined. "Mush. You aren't very fast."

I waited for him to slide into the room, and I slammed the window shut when I crawled through. "What did you tell the boys?" "What do you mean? Zayn told us that he liked you, so I supported him." "Yeah, right. What do you think I am, stupid?" I yelled. "You were starting to tell the boys about me and my jacked up life! I know people, and people don't listen because they want to. They listen for meat. Something new to gossip about. I hate you, Liam Payne!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face. I put on my sneakers, and I rushed out the bedroom. Liam grabbed my hand.

"What?" I whispered. He didn't let go, but he didn't say anything. "Talk! What do you want? Let me know, so my life can be crappier!" I said calmly. He turned my head so I was looking into his chocolate brown eyes. "I wasn't about to tell the boys about you. I pinkie promised to never tell anyone." I looked him in the eye. "How do I know you aren't lying? Everyone lies. I can trust no one. No one." I murmured, rocking slowly. I felt more tears slide down my face. He wrapped me in a hug.

We sat on the floor, me in his lap, curled into a ball, crying. I heard the door open, and I heard Lou come in. He sat down next to Liam, and started to play with my hair. The door opened, and Harry and Niall came in. Harry grabbed my hand, and Niall rested his hand on my shin. Finally, Zayn walked in. Zayn's cool hand replaced Harry's warm one, and I heard him whisper, "I'm sorry. We should stay friends. If you need someone to talk to, let me know." I sobbed into Liam's shirt, and wondered how I could have gotten such great friends.

I lifted my face, and saw my mascara had ruined Liam's shirt. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Here," I get up, and rummaged through my dresser drawers. I pulled out an oversized t-shirt and tossed it in his direction. "I'm sorry about your shirt. Toss it here." I catch the shirt, and I put it in the washer before my mascara dries, staining his shirt. I give each boy a hug and a kiss, apologizing for my actions. I hold Zayn a little bit longer than the rest of the boys. "I'm sorry. I need to speak to you though." I whispered into his ear. He nodded, and I directed my attention elsewhere.

"What should we do?" I question the boys. "I'm hungry." Niall stated simply. "Ok." I bounced down the stairs, and began making peanut butter cookies. The lads watched as I danced around the kitchen, cleaning and cooking. "Can someone play some music?" I questioned. Harry grinned, and he pulled out his phone. I watched as he turned on 'Up All Night'. I danced and the boys sang along to the music.

I sang along with Harry.

Katy Perry's on replay

She's on replay

DJ got the floor to shake, the floor to shake

People going all the way

Yeah, all the way

I'm still wide awake

The Louis looked at me funny. "What? It's my favorite song!" I defended myself. "And that's my favorite part!" I grinned and winked at Harry. He smiled. I saw Liam walk out of the room, and he reappeared a few minutes later. I almost gasped. I forgot I had to talk to him last night. I sighed.

"Liam, buddy?" I asked. He looked up. "Can we talk?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.