Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"I care. I don't care what the voice says, I care about you. I love you."

Alyson's POV

I rasied my head off his chest. "W-what?" I stuttered out, not believing my ears. "I love you, Alyson Bilde. Why can't you see that?" He said, cupping my face in his hands. He slowly leaned in a kissed me. "Why? Why do you love me? I'm not good enough for you. You can have any girl in the world, and you choose me. Why?" I whispered.

"Because. Matthew Fox once said, If you look closely at a tree, you'll notice it's knots and dead brances, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully. Even though you have a broken past, I don't pity you. I'm proud of you. I chose you because you are beautiful. You are imperfect, and I am, too. We are only human. You may think you aren't good enough, but I think you are way too good for me. You are a perfect mixture of One Direction. You're loud and obnoxious, like Louis. You're quiet, like Zayn. You're perverted like Harry. You're always hungry like Niall. Don't try to hide it. I know. But, you're Mummy Direction." He smiled.

He kissed the top of my head, and he carried me out to the couch. He put in Finding Nemo, and I smiled. The boys all groaned, but I gave them a cheesey grin. Harry grinned back, but Zayn, obviously sick of Pixar movies, flipped me off. I looked at Liam, and he nodded. I stood up, and I grabbed Zayn by the ear. "Oww! Ow! My ear! Give it back!" He whined as I pulled him to the side. I began shaking my finger at him. "We do NOT flip off Mummy. Got it?" I questioned. When he didn't answer, I twisted his ear a little, and he yelped in pain. "Yes, Mummy!" I grin. "Good boy." I walked behind him, and he crossed his arms and pouted.

"Hey Harry?" "Hmm?" He mumbled, staring at his phone. "When is your date with Hannah?" I asked. "Tomorrow. Will you help her get ready?" I smiled. "Yeah, what time?" "7." He smiled, and stared at his phone. "Invite her over. Invite Ash over, too, Lou." I said, pointing at him. He nodded, and we watched the movie until someone knocked on the door. I stood up and walked to the door, but was quickly surpassed by Louis and Harry. Louis wrapped Ash in a hug, and Harry's arms snaked around Hannah's waist. I grinned. "I'll just leave y'all."

I trotted back to the living room, and instead of walking to Liam, who had his arms open, I sat down next to Zayn. I smirked at Liam, and he pouted. I gave Zayn a huge hug. "You and Niall are the brothers I never had. Niall, I'm hungry. Come with me to the kitchen?" I pleaded, and he smiled. "You should have picked me. We eat just about the same amount of food." I grinned. "Nah, haven't you heard everyone else? Best friends are the reason I have no food." I winked.

When we came back, Louis was with Ashley, and I snuggled with Liam. Hannah was on Harry's lap, and Niall was trying to sit on Zayn's lap. I giggled, and Liam played with my hair. Louis shouted, "Attention!" I glared at him, and he smiled sweetly. He got down on his knee, and I launched myself at him. "Lou, no!" I shouted. "You're too young to get married!" I started freaking out. Liam pulled me off Lou, and Lou shook himself out. "As I was saying," he glared at me, "Ashley, will you be my girlfriend?" He emphasized the word girlfriend, and I blushed. "Small town." I muttered, and Liam chuckled. She said yes, and we watched their favorite movie, which had to be a horror movie.

"I hate horror movies though." I whined, but everyone just chuckled. "Too bad. I hate Pixar movies." Zayn stated, putting SAW into the DVD player. "I don't know why you hate Pixar movies. They're so cute. Like Liam." I chuckled, and Liam blushed. I poked his cheek. "Stop!" He commanded, and I stared at him with what I was hoping to be colder eyes. He shrank back. "She's scary. I told you guys, but no, no one believes Zayn." Zayn muttered, and I glared at him. "I am the momma, meaning I rule. Kay? Kay." I grinned and pinched Liam's cheek. He rubbed his cheek, but was silent. He just pouted, and we didn't cuddle, so I walked over to Niall. "Liam won't cuddle. Pwease?" I asked, and Niall sighed, opening his arms. "Yay!" I cheered, and launched myself into his arms.

I heard Liam gasp, but I just smirked and cuddled into Niall's shoulder. I heard the couch creak as Liam stood up. I peeked one eye out, watching Liam's every move. I heard Niall shriek, and I started to giggle. Suddenly, there was a whole lot of weight on my legs. "Liam!" I choked out. "Why are you sitting on me?" I felt him shrug, and I poked him. He snickered. "Kay, fine. You wanna play ball, I'll play ball."

I squeaked, and I lifted Liam like I did Zayn. "At this rate, I don't need to go to the gym. I just need you guys." Liam hung upside-down, defeated. "Thank God the couch is only 2 feet away. You weigh more than Zayn." I said as I threw him on the couch. I sighed as he pulled a puppy dog face. "Fine." I sat in his lap, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Better?" I asked. "Better" He sighed. I didn't even watch the movie. I turned my torso, so I was facing Liam, and I played with his hair. I watched Liam's expression turn from horror to disgust. "That's an attractive expression." I muttered, and he laughed. "I know. It's what wins the girls over."

I smiled, and I fell asleep against his shoulder. I felt him shift under me, and he laid me in my bed. "Goodnight, Aly." I reached out. "Don't go." I whispered, eyes still closed. I heard him hesitate, and I opened my eyes. "Pwease?" I asked, pleading. He sighed, "Fine." I stood up, and crawled to my dresser.

I pulled out some sweats I kept because they were my Dad's and even though they were too big, they were comfortable. "Wear these. They're too big because they were my dad's. They'll be more comfortable than jeans and a button up shirt." I waited, and he just stared at me, tapping his foot. "Aww, come on, dude. I've already seen you in your birthday suit." He kept tapping his foot, and it was getting annoying. "Fine." I grumbled, and I pulled the covers over my head. I heard him shift, and he crawled under the covers with me. "I love you." I whispered, and I fell asleep against his chest.

-------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.