Chapter 25

Chapter 24

I nodded, and fell asleep to the steady beating of his heart.

/\/\:)

When I woke up, I panicked. Where is Liam? Where am I? Where is Liam? I thought as I scrambled to get out of my bed. "Argh!" I made a half strangled cat-dog noise as I tried to stand up, but I had a major head rush. "Ugh." I moaned. I got up a little slower, hoping it would be easier to get up. It took me a few minutes, but I stood up. I need to make the boys their cherry pie. Did Lou get me cherries? My thoughts wandered as I dug in the fridge for cherries. I smiled and ate one.

I got together the ingredients, and began mixing the Crisco into the flour and cold butter mixture. I added water, then rolled it out into a disk, then placed it in the fridge on some tin foil. "There. Now, time to pit the cherries." I hunted around the kitchen, looking to see if my aunt had a paring knife. "Course not. I'm the only one allowed to touch a stove." I muttered as I pulled a steak knife out of the knife block. I quickly sorted the cherries and washed them. I looked at the clock. 6:30. I stared at it in surprise. "You woke up early." I muttered as I placed the wet cherries in the bowl. I set up a table, dish rag, 2 empty bowls, and the bowl of cherries near the TV. I flipped to Batman, and I started cutting the cherries in half and pulling out the pit. The red juice dripped down my forearm like blood. I winced at the memory, and looked at my wrist. Guaze. I sighed, and continued pitting cherries as I watched Batman, which turned to Ben 10 at 7:30.

"8:30 means that I have to get the pie crust. Oh, how many cups do I have?" I wiped my hands and forearm off with the old rag, and went off in search of a measuring cup. I pulled one out of the cupboard, and measured the amount of cherries I have. "2 1/2 cups." I sighed, and began pitting cherries. At 8, someone knocked on the door, and I grabbed the rag. I opened the door, and wiped my hands. I saw Liam standing their, and I watched his eyes widen at my hands. "Wha- Ohhh. Don't worry. It's just cherry juice. I've been pitting cherries for homemade cherry pie." He relaxed a little, but continued to watch as I pitted cherries. I looked at the clock.

I walked into the kitchen, and quickly mixed together 4 cups of cherries, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and a few tablespoons of tapioca. Then, I pulled the foil out of the fridge to make room for the cherry mixture. Liam looked at the dough funny, and I laughed. "Hand me that flat thingy on the counter behind you." I giggled, pointing at the silver tool. He handed it over, and I sliced the dough in half. I took out the flour, and I put a little in my hands, and a little on the wooden cutting board I was using. I began kneeding the dough, and I pointed behind Liam. "Can you hand me the rolling pin?" I asked with a smile. "Yeah, but first..." He trailed off, and then stuck his hand in the flour. I sighed and just reached around him. "Why is the flour cold?" He asked, mesmerized by the texture. "Um, it's easier to bake with." I grinned, then Liam threw a handful of flour in my face. I looked to him after I wiped my eyes."Very funny." I started rolling the dough out, and I covered the pie plate with the dough. I then poured the cherry mixture into the pan, then rolled out teh other half of the dough. I cut a heart in the middle, and placed it gently on top of the cherry mixture. I place the pan in the oven, and I turned on the timer for 10 minutes.

"Now, let that bake for 10 minutes-" I started, but Liam cut me off. "Then it will be done." I shook my head. "Nope. Then we have to cook it at 350 for 38 minutes." I grinned as his face fell. I threw some flour at his face, and he glared at me. "It's on like Donkey Kong." I shouted, and he pouted. "That's my line!" I smiled. "Well, I beat you to it." He had started a massive flour fight. When the rest of the boys showed up, I pulled the finished pie out of the oven, into the microwave, had no more flour, and the entire kitchen was coated in the powdery substance.

"Oh, my god. You had a flour fight, without ME!" Lou started to wail. I grinned as Liam walked over and hugged him. He shook his head, and his curls held in more flour than I thought. Lou was showered with flour from Liam's hair, and I giggled. I gave Niall and Harry hugs, but Zayn backed away. "No way. I just did my hair." He shouted, and I tackled him to the floor. "Aww, poor Zaynie. Hey guys, come 'ere." I shouted, and Zayn tried to cover my mouth with his hand. I licked his hand and he yelled, "Ew!" and started wiping his hand on his jeans. I smirked. "Poor Zaynie." Harry laughed. "Dude, you're bigger than her, and she somehow managed to tackle you and bring you to the floor." I winked at Harry. I started to cuddle against Zayn and whisper, "I'm sorry." over and over. I finally got into a position where I was able to let Liam and Lou pour a big bowl of flour on Zayn's head. I finally, after giving Liam a look that clearly said, "I'm-sorry" I pressed my mouth against his. He instantly relaxed, and I shrugged my shoulders. I felt the flour tickle my face, and Zayn pulled away from me. "My hair!" He shrieked, and I giggled. I stood up and gave Liam a high-five. "Damn, I should do this for a living." I smirked.

"The pie won't taste as good unless we wait about 24 hours." I watched as everyone's faces fell. "Aww, boys. Don't worry. Let's go get some coffee." I grinned, and waltzed out of my apartment, doused in flour. I counted heads, making sure everyone had gotten out of my apartment. "Go on downstairs. I have to get Zayn." I sighed, and ran up the stairs, picking the bathroom lock. "Hey Zayn." I strolled in, and grabbed his wrist. "Time to go." He started whining, and finally I just picked him up and threw him over my shoulder like a potato sack. I grunted. "You weigh a bit more than a potato sack." He laughed, and I started down the stairs. I stood, covered in flour, with Zayn Malik thrown over my shoulder like a handbag, in the elevator. I waited, and when I got to the first floor, I saw Liam staring at the elevator. I smirked and waved as I resituated Zayn on my shoulder. "So. What do y'all think of my new bag?" I said, gesturing towards Zayn. Harry started laughing so hard, I swear. I turned around so Zayn could wave to the boys.

"Hi." He said sheepishly. "Not only is she smaller than you, she can pick you up, carry you down a flight of stairs, stand in an elevator with you, walk over to us, and stand completely still with you over her shoulder." I shrugged my shoulders, causing Zayn to jump on my shoulders. "Ow! Don't do that! It hurts!" I looked over my shoulder and stuck my tounge out. "Patsy," I muttered as I gently sat him down on the floor. "Hand off my ass." Zayn said softly, slowly getting louder. I, however, being the pervert I am, kept it there, wanting to see how long it would be until he was screaming at me. He gave up when people started staring at us, and I smirked. By that time, we were about to walk into the coffee shop.

"Iced mocha, please." I handed the girl working my money, and she gave me a ticket. I started snickering at my order number as I walked over to the boys, and Niall asked me why I was laughing. I handed Harry my ticket order, and he past it around, landing lastly on Liam. Everyone but Niall was snickering, and Niall looked up with innocent eyes. "What? I don't get it. Our order number is 6- Oh. I get it now." I burst out laughing, and Niall flushed red. "Order 69!" I heard a teenaged boy shout with a snicker in his voice. I waltzed over. "Thank you. Have a nice day." I chimed, walking gracefully away with my iced mocha. I sat next to Liam, and he wrapped his arm around me. "We never did finish talking yesterday." I whispered into his ear. "No. Because," He stretched out the word, "Someone has personal issue." I smacked him upside the head. "I do NOT have personal issues. Ok, well maybe I do." I added after getting glares from everyone.

"He brought you downstairs yesterday. You both were covered in blood, and I think that Li was wearing some bright blood red lipstick." Louis said, ephasizing the word blood. I flushed angrily. "Have the rest." I muttered shoving my drink at Liam. "I know you like these. You drank half of my other one." I stomped away, running to the park around the corner. Aren't you glad you ran track? You were the fastest one there, but did you ever get put into any competitions? Nope. Why? Because you're not good enough. Should you even be alive, much less hanging out with THE One Direction? Nope. Why not just make everyone else happy, and kill yourself? Oh, right. You're too scared. The little voice in my head appeared, shouting at me, fueling my anger, making my feet hit the ground faster and faster. Why would Liam Payne like you? Why would Zayn Malik like you? Hmmm? You're an ugly girl, with a broken past. I guess they like pity cases.

I sprinted away from the boys, away from my apartments, away from life as I knew it. I heard my obnoxious ringtone, but I hit end. I turned my phone to vibrate, watching people as my fingers danced across the screen. I shoved my phone into my back pocket, and I stopped when I found a tree with an excellent fork in it. I wedged myself in the fork, and I peered through the leaves. Why isn't anyone following you? Oh, right. Because they don't care. You stupid girl. You leave people before they leave you. Then, you don't get hurt. Only them. I would have thought you knew that already, but I guess I'm wrong. I held my head in my hands, and I started rocking in the tree, singing song after song. Just random songs. Fighter by Christina Aguilear, Stronger by Kelly Clarkson, Starship by Nicki Minaj, Vacation by The Go-Gos, Gotta Be You by One Direction, Moments by One Direction... I sang that one song, Moments, over and over. You aren't pretty enough. No one would ever kill themselves because you decided to flop onto your side and die. No one likes you that much.

I heard something rustling in the leaves to my right, and I flew gracefully off the limb. "Who's there?" I said, crouched on the ground.

--------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.