Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Liam James Payne is beautiful, and he is mine... for now.

I let my hair flow down naturally, and in my bag I had pack Liam some swim trunks and extra clothes. Niall helped me out, and we rented out the beach, so I wouldn't be so uncomfortable with wearing my swimsuit. I told the girls my plan, and they insisted I wear a bikini. "Guys, do you remember the other night? You know, the one when we played Truth or Dare, and Nialler dare me and Li to go run in the street in our skivvies? You remember the stretch marks?" I was serious, and they nodded. "Aww, come on, Aly. Liam loves you, really. He knew you had these, and he still wanted you to be his girly friend." Ash said, looking through my drawers, trying to find a bikini. "Ash, if you're looking for a bikini, you ain't gonna find one. I only have tankinis and bootie shorts." I sighed, dreading what was about to happen next. "Eeek!" Belle squealed. I looked at her, and she shrugged. "We're going shopping!" I sighed, "Yes, yes we are."

I slid down the banister, and waltzed to Liam. "Hey, babe? The girls are convinced I have nothing to wear. Would you mind if I borrowed your credit card? I promise not to spend over 100 pounds or so . Just buying an outfit." I pleaded, and he nodded. He flipped out his billfold, and handed me the shiny card. "Ooh, shiny." I said, mesmerized by the silvery colour. He laughed, and I shot my attention back to him. "Thanks, baby." I gave him a quick kiss, and dodged the smack Harry was about to give me, and ended up hitting Zayn in the back of the head. "Oww! What was that for?" He whined, and I snickered. "Harry did it." I shouted, bolting out the door, girls hot on my heels. "Later boys!" I heard Belle shout, and we climbed into the car.

----skips car ride. only contained off-key singing----

"We're here!" Ashley sang, and we climbed out of the van. I stretched, and was utterly confused. "Um, where do we go? I don't really buy swimsuits. I've had the one that I wore for like, 2 years." I said, and Ash rolled her eyes. "Well, I don't know how." Hannah and Belle laughed from behind me, and I glared at them while Ash dragged me into Hollister. "Did Kenzie stay home with the boys?" I asked, clearly jealous. They nodded, and they started shoving bikinis in my arms. I was pulled by Ash to the dressing rooms, and I gave them a look that said, 'Do-I-have-to?' Ashley nodded, saying, "If they don't fit here, they never will." I groaned, and said, "Can I at least see what size my panties are so I don't have to try on the bottoms?" Ash huffed, and Hannah and Belle were both hungry. "Will you get me a pretzel or something?" I called after them, and they nodded. I checked my panty size, and handed 3/4 of the bikinis back to Ash. "I don't like these or they won't fit on my booty." I smiled, and began trying on tops. I shook my head.

This will take forever. I thought as I peeled off the first top. "Too small. Too big. Too skimpy. Not skimpy enough. Ash, this isn't a bikini, it's skivvies." I sighed and I quickly replaced my clothes. "Where on earth are you getting these swim suits?" She pointed to a giant rack that said, "NEW!" in giant red block letters. I quickly check the price tags, and I just about fainted. "Ash, these are like 200 pounds. No way!" I danced to the clearance rack, and pulled out 3 swimsuit that looked like this:

"See? Besides, it's buy 2 get 1 free." I sang, and looked at the price tags. "Whew! It'll only cost at the max, 75." I smiled as the girl rang up out purchase. "That'll be 74.68." She smacked her gum, and I just about smacked her across her face. I quickly swiped the card and paided. She handed me the recipt, saying, "Have a nice day." "You do the same," I said, and I led Ash out of the store. "We got here, we accomplished the mission, I need to wash these, and we have to find Hannah and Belle."

"What about Hannah and Belle?" I heard Belle say from behind me. Belle handed me a half eaten pretzel, and I shook my head. "Nothing. I just have to wash my swimsuits." "Ooh, what did you buy?" Hannah asked as we sat down in the food court. I shrugged my shoulders. "3 bikinis. I got a smokin' deal too." I smiled, and Belle began pulling out my swimsuits. "Ooh, I like the pink one, and the purple will look good. Why did you get this one with the flag design?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I thought it looked cute. Which should I wear tonight?" I asked, sipping some water I had brought. "Um, the purple one. No, yeah. The purple." They all babbled, and I said, "Well then, I need to get home to wash them, right?" I stood up and began walking towards the exit with my bag. The girls scrambled to follow me, and we were driving home.

"If it's 5:30 now, it'll take at the most an hour to wash the suit, then I can power-dry it for 20 minutes, which means it'll be 6:50, and my date with Li is at 7." I muttered thinking about the time. I rushed in, and quickly threw the suits in the wash with cold water. I dashed out of the laundry room, and I walked into the living room. Liam was sitting on the couch, playing with a Rubix cube. I took it from him, looked at it, and solved it in 5 minutes. He stared at me with a confused expression. "How did you do that?" He asked, and I smiled. "I don't know. I've always been able to do that. Would you like to watch a movie?" I asked, and he nodded. "Sure, how about-" "Sorry, buddy. You picked Toy Story last time. I'm choosing. We will be watching, drumroll please." I said, and Harry began smacking the coffee table. I reached my hand into the movie box, and grabbed a movie with my other hand covering my eyes. "Pirates of the Carribean: The Black Pearl." I announced, and I quickly put the movie in. I heard the timer on the washer beep, and I looked at the time. 6:25. I poked Liam's chest, and pointed at the time. I held up 7 fingers, and he nodded. We stood up, and I quickly threw the purple bikini in the dryer, then hung up the pink and flag one in my closet behind most of my clothes.

The dryer beeped at 6:45, and I picked it up and shoved it in my bag. I grabbed an outfit I never wore in front of the boys, and I slipped the bikini on in the bathroom, then wore this: I walked down the stairs, deciding not to use makeup, and leaving my hair down naturally. I saw Liam in some relaxed blue jeans and a t-shirt. "You look beautiful, like always. Is this too casual?" He asked, clearly worried. "Nope." I said, popping the 'p', blushing. "Let's go. Can I drive?" I asked, and he nodded. "You know where it is." I smiled. "Well, then. Leggo!"

--------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.