Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Aly's POV

I watched as he slept, looking at how peaceful his face was. I played with his hair, and soon fell asleep as soon as I was sure he wasn't going to dry heave again.

I woke up with Liam dry heaving into the toilet, and I quickly sat up and rubbed his back. I stroked his hair, and I gave him some more Gatorade. He moaned, and layed down on the floor, curled into a ball with his eyes shut tight. I really have to pee. Oh well. I thought, and I quickly peed. I helped him stand up, and he went to the bathroom. "Babychakes, do you want to take a shower? The warm water might help relax your stomach." I asked, and he nodded. I turned on the water, and he started dry heaving again. I rubbed his back in small circles, and he slowly calmed down. He got undressed, and he climbed into the shower. I respectively shut my eyes, and I sat in the steam from his shower, waiting for him to finish. "Just stand there for a few minutes. It'll help, I promise." I said. He called me, and I handed him a towel. He got out of the shower, towel wrapped around his waist, and I handed him a toothbrush with toothpaste. He gratefully accepted, and he thanked me. "The shower was helpful. I'm sorry I woke you up every hour so I could dry heave." He apologized, and I shook my head. "Liam, baby, it's ok. You were sick. You still are sick." I reminded him, and I handed him clean clothes I had gotten him.

We walked down the stairs, and everyone was awake, concerned filled in their eyes. I helped Liam sit down, and I turned on Toy Story. Louis was about to protest, but I glared at him. I quickly made myself and Liam some toast. I handed him the dry toast, and told him to nibble on it. "Here's your gatorade, water, blanket, food. Anything else?" I asked, and Liam nodded. He began to say something, but Louis interrupted. "How come you're giving him so much attention?" He whined, and I looked at him. "I'm sorry, but did you stay up all night dry heaving?" He shook his head, and I nodded. "He was. I know what it's like to be sick, alone. Why do you think I know how to make him better?" I said curtly, munching on toast. I sat down with Liam, and he layed his head on my shoulder. I smiled at him, and watched him fall asleep. "Where's the bucket?" I asked, and Hazza handed me the bowl from last night. Liam suddenly sat up, and threw up in the bowl.

I sighed, and I asked Niall hand me the thermometer, which was by his left hand. He tossed it to me, and I took Liam's temperature. 103.0. I was getting worried. His temperature was rising. "I need more water." I said, slightly panicked. I made Liam stay awake and drink a whole bottle of water in an hour, and he kept it down. I handed him another bottle, and he drank it. He nibbled on the toast, but soon looked at it in disgust. I let him lay down and sleep for a good solid 3 hours, and he didn't wake up to puke or dry heave. I smiled at that, and I took his temperature again. 101.2. I sighed in relief. "Hey, guys. He should be feeling better in a little bit. His temperature is dropping." Everyone smiled, and Liam woke up, thirsty. I handed him some water, and he said, "I feel a little better. Can I have something other than toast and crackers?" I smiled, and sent Hazza away to get me a banana. I handed him half of the banana, and made him wait to ensure it stayed down. After about 30 minutes, I was satisfied, and he ate the rest of the toast and banana. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked, standing up and stretching. "Well, I had less sleep than you last night, and I didn't have a three hour nap. I'm going to bed. I don't care about what y'all do, but Liam has to relax. I demand that he stays here and rests. He had a rough night." I glared at him, and he sat back down. I snuggled into his chest, and they all bickered about which movie to watch. "Movie day, eh?" I asked, yawning. They nodded, and I said, "Liam, give me a letter." He thought for a moment, then said, "A." "We are watching Alice in Wonderland." I said, and I watched as Louis put it in. I fell asleep before the movie began, snuggled deep into Liam's shoulder.