Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Over and over does the vicious cycle repeat.

I got out of the pool, and Niall complained he was hungry. I looked at the clock, reading 5:30. "Guys! It's five- thirty. Let's pack it up and head home for some grub." I said, and helped pack up our supplies. I cooked a quick dinner with the help of Liam and Harry, and we prepared cheese and chicken quesadillas and tacos per Harry's request. I delievered the food, and we sat down to eat. Ash had to leave, and she hugged everyone, thanked me, then pecked Louis on the cheek. He flushed, and she walked out of the door. Hannah had to leave shortly after helping clean up dinner, so she waved good-bye, and kissed Harry on the nose.

The minute I saw her drive away, I shouted, "HARRY AND LOU HAVE GIRLFRIENDS!" Lou and Harry started chasing me around the apartment, and the rest of the boys sat and watched us. I clambored up the stairs, then slid down the banister as Harry and Lou followed. I stuck my tounge out and hid behind Liam and Zayn on the couch. "Thank God you have broad shoulders." I giggled, and Niall started to pout in the corner. "Aww, buddy. What's wrong?" I asked, truely concerned. "You're taller than me. That's what's wrong." He shouted and Lou tackled me. I stuck my tounge out, and he licked my face. "Eww! Liam! He licked me!" I shouted out, before realizing how wrong that sounded. I flushed, and he straddled my stomach.

I thought for a moment, and before he could lift my arms above my head to tickle me, I shouted, "Let's play Twister!" Lou nodded, and said, "That was for saying I have a girlfriend." I looked to Liam and said, "In my closet, Twister is on the top shelf. Can I trust you to get it without raiding my panty drawer?" I smirked as he climbed the stairs, red faced. I turned and said to Harry, "You need to ask Hannah out on a date. She's been dying for you to. She also said she didn't want to scare you off." He nodded, and began thinking.

Liam handed me the Twister game, and inside the Twister game was a tampon and my lime green panties. I flushed, and slapped Liam's stomach. "I told you not to raid my panty drawer! And where did you find my tampons?" I rushed up the stairs with my panties and the tampon clutched in my hand. I heard the boys laughing downstairs, and I quickly put away my things. I walked down the stairs as if nothing had happened, and the boys started to laugh. I flushed, and handed Harry the spinner. "You need to think about that first date." I grinned and waited for instruction. "Left hand green."

After about 5 minutes, my body was all twisted. I guess that's why it's called Twister though. My legs were wrapped around Zayn's waist and Louis' arm, I was practically sitting on Niall, and Liam and I were face to face. Well, he was facing the ground, and I was facing the ceiling, so we had to look at each other's eyes. "You're upside-down." I stated simply, and his eyes crinkled. Suddenly, I heard a sound that sounded like a foghorn. "The hell?" I jumped, and Louis and Zayn had toppled over onto my legs, causing me to wobble. Then, a horrible smell hit my nose. "Oh my god. My dad can't be dead, he just fricken' farted." I crinkled my nose, and Niall dropped from under me, shaking with laughter. I was supporting myself, 3 other bodies, with a possibly toxic fume floating around mine and Liam's face. Suddenly, Liam's arms gave out, and his lips pressed against mine. Our eyes widened, and he pulled away. "I win." I stated simply.

"Now, uh, can y'all help me? I'm sorta stuck." I grinned at Harry upside down, and Liam looked at me, concerned. I lifted my hand to my face, and pulled it back. "Sh-" was all I said, and I flipped myself over onto my stomach, cracking my back. "I'll be right back." I stated, and rushed up the stairs, tilting my head forward so all of the blood dripped out of my nose. I quickly cleaned up my bloody nose, and check to make sure it wasn't broken or anything. I sighed in relief, and I walked down the stairs with a bloody tissue. "Your fault." I said in a nasally voice. All of the boys except for Liam started laughing. He checked my nose out, and I raised my eyebrow. "Why so concerned?" He flushed, "No- no reason." I looked at Niall, and motioned that we need to talk. "I need to talk to Niall. But first I need to get him to the bathroom, and hunt down some clean underdrawers." I smirked, and Niall followed me up the stairs. "Would y'all mind cleaning up Twister, and my blood off the wooden floor? Thanks." I guided Niall into my room, and opened a window.

"I have a question. The only reason I trust you is because you're like my brother. Okay?" He nodded. "Yeah, what's up?" "Well, everytime I'm around Liam, I get these weird butterflies, and I can't help but notice things. Things like his broad shoulders, and his pretty eyes. I told him he had pretty eyes, just out of the blue." Niall smirked, and said, "You like Liam." I raised my eyebrow. "Yeah, I like Liam. I like you and the other boys too." I was utterly confused. "Geez, you're worse than me at this. You really had no friends." I nodded my head sadly. "Yeah. No friends." "What I mean by you like Liam is that you have a crush on him. Don't worry. I won't tell him. I'll leave that to you." Panic rose into my voice. "What? How will I tell him? I'm having issues right now after the thing that happened a few minutes ago." Niall shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know how you'll tell him. And you're having issues after Liam's lips meeting yours? Why? I'm sure a pretty girl like you has had her first kiss." I shook my head. "Remember, friendless loser right here. That was my first kiss, and it ended with me having a bloody nose." Niall smiled. "That's ok. But you need to talk to Liam. Like, now." I sighed, and nodded. "Yay! The blood has stopped flowing!" I grinned and threw away the bloodied tissue.

I walked down the stair, arm in arm with Niall, and I gave Liam a hug. "I need to talk to you." I whispered into his ear. He nodded, and led me up to my room. I shut the window, and he chuckled. "What's up, love?" He asked. I sat awkwardly on my bed, then moved to the desk, and hopped around the room, trying to figure out a good way to word this. I walked past him a few times, and I guess he got tired of seeing me wander around. He stuck him arms out, trapping me. He sat me on his lap, and I layed my head on his shoulder. "I don't know how to tell you." I said, moaning. "Tell me. Just say the words you want, and not the word you don't." I smiled. "If only it was that simple." I muttered.

"Liam, I-I think... I think I like you. Like more than a friend."

-------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.