Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Liam, buddy?" I asked. He looked up. "Can we talk?" He nodded, and he followed me out to the living room. "What's wrong? I totally forgot to ask you about it. He sat down on my bed, and I slid to the floor, crawling over to his feet. He ran a hand through his hair. "Um, well, I was dating this girl, -" "Danielle?" I questioned. He nodded his head. "Yeah. Anyway, she broke up with me, over the phone. I thought she was the one, but I guess not." I saw tears in his pretty eyes. Stop thinking like that. He just got out of a relationship. You don't want to be the rebound girl, do you? I thought to myself.

I climbed up onto the bed, and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry. I'm so selfish." I murmured into his shirt. I let him cry into me. "Do you want some ice cream?" I asked him. He didn't answer, so I got off the bed and reached for my laptop. "Ice cream shops in London." I muttered, typing into Google Maps. "Ah ha!" I shouted. He looked up. "What?" "We, by that I mean you and me, are going to Haagen-Daz Cafe for ice cream. It's just around the corner. We can walk." A smile spread across his face slowly.

We climbed down the ladder to avoid meeting up with the boys, and we walked to the cafe. I got a bunch of weird looks because I was wearing this: Liam was walking somewhat behind me. I pulled him so that he was walking next to me, and when I grabbed his hand, it felt like someone had shocked me. I guess he felt it too because he pulled his hand away quickly. I blushed. "Why are you walking behind me?" "Well, love, everyone is looking at you funny." I laughed, and he raised his eyebrow. "What?" "Your accent." I said between laughs.

When we got into Haagen-Daz Cafe, I ordered a plain vanilla ice cream, and Liam ordered a plain chocolate ice cream. "Well, we dress like we are freaks, but our ice creams say that we like the originals." I grinned, and he looked at me funny. "Excuse me, but you are dressed like a freak. I am wearing jeans, and a t-shirt." "Yeah, a t-shirt with vanilla ice cream all over it." I said, and shoved my ice cream into his shirt. His stumbled back, surprised by the coldness of the ice cream, and the nerve it took to do that. "Alyson!" He thundered, and I shouted, "Oops! Later!"

I ran away to the apartment, and I burst through the front doors. "Need to hide, need to hide. Hey! Hey, Hannah!" I shouted, rushing over to her. "Can I hide at the pool? I dumped ice cream on a friend, and now he wants my blood." I giggled. Her eyes widened. "Uh, yeah. Follow me." "Woo-hoo!" I shouted, and I bounced behind her. "Where is the pool?" "Over on the other side of the apartment complex." I nodded. "Get in to the golf cart." I held up the keys. "We're going for a ride." I smirked as I drove around the apartment complex.

I slammed on the breaks before I hit Liam. "Uh-oh. Hi, Liam." I grinned, and he shouted tons of obscenities at me. "Bye! Love you, too!" I shouted over my shoulder. I heard Hannah laugh as she watched Liam run after the golf cart. I turned a bunch of corners, and I ran into the pool area. I grinned. "I have some friends don't I?" I smile proudly. "Aren't you the girl that gave Harry Styles your number?" I questioned, peering into her eyes. She blushed. "Yeah. Why?" "Oh, he's just lovestruck. Literally. He won't stop talking about you." I laughed as her blush deepened. I guess I didn't hear Liam walk into the pool area, because I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I was thrown into the pool.

"LIAM JAMES PAYNE!" I shouted when I resurfaced. I saw him and Hannah practically rolling on the ground with laughter. I swam to the shallow end of the pool, crept out, and jumped in. While I was hugging Liam. Who took off his shirt before it started to smell bad. I grinned as he resurfaced, and yelled out, "My hair!" I started to laugh. I swam over, and I poked him. We got out of the pool, and Hannah handed us 2 towels. "We'll need about four more for Liam's hair." I snickered.

I stopped laughing when I heard, "Liam? Alyson?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.