Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I hugged him, then paled and I screamed. I practically crawled on top of Liam, trying to get away from the slug. I heard feet rushing up the stairs, and all the boys - even Zayn - were crowded into the bathroom. I screamed, but I couldn't move. I started to freak out, and I turned the shower on, spraying Liam and myself with cold water. I kept screaming, watching the slug go down the drain. I slowly started to relax, and Liam reached over to turn off the water. Marie left at 6, and I had no clue where the towels were. I started crying, watching the drain. Liam woke up out of his trance when I turned the water on, and freaked out when I started screaming. I buried my head into his shoulder, bawling.

Zayn, who was still trying to wake up, shouted "What just happened? I wasn't only one who saw Alyson and Liam taking a shower! Right, right?" The boys laughed, well, all but Daddy Direction, who was still trying to soothe me. "It's fine. It's fine. I have no clue what you saw, but I'm going to say it was pretty bad." I whimpered into his shoulder, "I-I-I saw a slug." Harry looked at the boys and whispered loudly, "Did she say she saw a slug?" "Yes. I believe she did." Louis yelled at Harry. I was curled into the fetal position like Liam was a few minutes ago, whimpering. "Go downstairs. We'll be down soon." Liam reassured the boys, and they walked out of the bathroom.

"So, I guess you have a phobia, too." Liam stated after a long minute. I nodded, crying and shaking. He helped me stand up, and I was shakey climbing out of the tub. I closed my eyes, and realized that I had just soaked Liam's clothes. "I'm so sorry." I managed to mumble. I walk slowly away from the bathroom, and opened my door. I shoved Liam inside, and I found an old pair of sweats that a guy friend had left with me a long time ago. I retrieved a t-shirt that was too big for me. I handed them to Liam, and our hands touched. I blushed, and said, "You'll have to go commando." He blushed, and I found myself some clothes. I dressed in my closet, and he dressed in my bedroom.

As we walked down the stairs, I watch the floor. I saw a slimey mess near the front door, held my breath, and retrieve the steamer. I steamed the slug slime from around the front door, and Liam watched as I picked up everything within a 3 foot radius, and threw it in the washer. I walked into the kitchen and washed my hands a few times. I made Liam a plate of pancakes, and I made 2 glasses of OJ. I walked out and handed Liam a fork, his food and drink and a napkin, and I sat across from him and next to a tired-looking Zayn and hyper Louis. My stomach was too turned from the slug and the butterflies that Liam gave me.

"Do you really need coffee, Louis?" I grumble, sipping my orange juice. "No, but he likes it." Harry said, winking. I stared at him, and he looked down. I shook my head. "Don't tell anyone. Please?" I begged. Everyone laughed but Liam. He knew what it was like to have such a fear. I kept sipping my orange juice. I was halfway through when I felt the tears burning my eyes. I looked up and laughed with everyone else, but the feeling was starting to over come me. I gently set down my glass, and I calmly walked out of the kitchen without a word. I dashed up the stairs, and I sat in the middle of my room, crying my eyes out.

I heard a knock on my door. I panicked and rushed into my closet. There I dried my face, wiped it with a moist towellette from my purse, redid my hair. I straightened my clothes, and I heard Liam call my name. I stood there, weighing my options. He opened the closet door, and I stood there. Perfectly fine. I smiled up at him, and he smiled down. His eyes were brown. They were pretty. "You have pretty eyes." I state simply, the butterflies overcoming me.

My eyes are dry. "Hey, what color are my eyes?" "Purple?" he answered uncertainly. "Ah ha!" I shouted. "BATMAN!!" I screamed as I ran into the bathroom. I stopped suddenly. I peer into the bathroom, looking on the ground. No slugs. "na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!" I sing as I take out my dry contacts and put them away. I turn around to see Liam watching me. "What?" "Do you like Batman?" "Nope. I just like to pretend I'm my favorite superhero. However, I only seem to have mentioned Batman." He nodded thoughtfully. I punched his shoulder like I would if I had a brother.

"What's up with the 'You have pretty eyes' comment? Seemed a little out of the blue." I shrugged. "I dunno. I think you have pretty eyes." "This is your real eye color, right?" He asked. "Yeah. Let's go, before they think we're, uhh, what word did J.K. Rowling use? Oh, right. Snogging. Good British term, right?" Liam rolled his eyes. "No." I walked down the stairs, and jumped off the last 4 steps. I landed softly, crouched down. I stood up and I skipped into the kitchen.

"Hello boys." I pranced around and gave each boy a kiss on the cheek. Niall and Zayn blushed, Harry winked at me, and Liam smiled. I was scared because the butterflies tried to get in the way again. Louis, in typical Louis fashion, screamed out how thankful he was that I kissed him, and that he now knew he was loved. I giggled, and he draped his arm around my shoulder. "Lets be the bestest of friends!" He shouted in my ear. "Well, alrighty then!" I shout back. We dance around in kitchen, skipping and hollering and whooping. I finally stop and say, "Don't y'all have to bathe?" Niall poked Harry and said, "I don't think Liam does." Everyone burst out laughing.

I say, "Well, because you guys know London better than me, would you mind showing me to the nearest coffee shop?" The boys nodded, and I smiled. I looked at the clock, and saw it was 12. "How about I bang on y'all's door at 1:30?" Louis nodded. I push them out of the door. "Oh, and Liam?" He turns around. "You can keep the outfit. I really don't want the pants now." His face flushes, and I laugh as the boys stare with confusion. "Liam will explain it later." I winked at him, and waved good bye.

Maybe this isn't the worst thing ever, I thought. Maybe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.