Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I stopped laughing when I heard, "Liam? Alyson?"

I looked up in horror. There, was Louis. "Why," he said, pointing at Liam, "is he swimming with you? I thought we were besties." He started fake crying, and I felt a tad bit gulity. I walked out of the pool, leaving Liam, and I gave Louis a wet hug. "Aww, buddy. We're still besties. This proves it." I screamed as I pulled Louis into the pool with me. I resurfaced, and giggled. I treaded water, waiting.

I felt something grab my foot, so I took a deep breath, and I was pulled underwater. I grinned a Liam, who was grasping my foot. I bent over in the water, and I kissed his nose. Even with the chlorine stinging my eyes, I could still see him blush. I winked and gracefully swam back up to the surface, holding Liam's hand. I resurfaced, and I looked up and had enough time to take a deep breath before Harry, Niall, and Zayn hit the water together.

I ducked under the water, and hung out at the bottom of the pool, waiting for Harry, Niall, and Zayn to resurface. I waved underwater at them, watching as they kicked back up. I kicked off hard from the bottom of the pool, and I emerged from the water with enough force to allow me to just about jump out of the water. I grinned at the boys, who were having a splashing fight.

I saw Hannah trying to escape, inching closer to the door. I jumped out of the water, and I pulled Hannah into the girls bathroom after grabbing my Batman shoulder bag. "Come here! I have a surprise." I grinned, and I pulled out a bright blue bikini top and a hot pink bottom to go with it. "Put this on. I would always carry a swimsuit for me and my friend." I pulled out my bootie shorts and tankini with brown and pink dots. I changed quickly, and I stepped out of the bathroom, dragging Hannah with me. I heard Harry wolf-whistle, and I winked at Hannah. "That's for you." I said, then I shoved her into the pool, following a second behind her.

I opened my eyes, and I saw Liam swimming towards me. I grinned, and he pointed up. I nodded, and I jumped on his back. "Look at poor Zaynie." I laughed at Zayn, who was sitting in the shallow end messing with his hair. He flipped me off, and I gasped. I put my hand against my chest. "How dare you flip mummy the bird! Bad boy! Bad!" I critized in a annoying motherly accent, grinning. Niall laughed, "Bradford Bad Boi!" in an obnoxious voice. "How many times do I have to say, I don't call myself that anymore?" He shouted, climbing on Niall's shoulder.

"Let's play chicken!" I shouted. I sat comfortably on Liam's broad shoulders, and giggled as Niall and Zayn bickered over who sat on who's shoulders. "Zayn, let Niall sit on your shoulders. He is, after all, a leprechaun." I commanded. "Gurl, oh no you didn't." I heard Zayn say in an ultra gay voice. "Oh yes I did." I grinned. "Bring it, shorty." Niall pouted. "I still can't believe you're taller than me." I shrugged my shoulders. Niall and I started shoving each other, and Liam sighed.

"This is getting boring, don't you agree, Zayn?" "Yes. I do agree." Niall and I stopped, and stared at each other with wide eyes. "You wouldn't." I gasped. "I would." Liam grinned. "This is for purposefully dumping ice cream on me." I grinned. "Aww, come on. You have to admit it was pretty funny." He glared up at me. "Wow. Dude can hold a grudge." I gasped as Liam twisted his torso, flopping on the water. I jumped off his shoulders, and I dived into the deep end of the pool. I resurfaced, and I grinned at the boys, who were staring wide-eyed at me.

"What? I love swimming." I grinned as the shook their heads. Louis must have left when I shouted, "Let's play chicken." I saw his expression was bewildered, then it turned to sadness. I climbed out of the pool and smacked Harry and Hannah on the back of their heads. "No sucking each others faces off in the pool." I grinned and Harry flipped me off. I smacked his head again and walked over to Louis, who still hadn't gotten into the pool, after I had pushed him in.

"Bestie!" I shouted. I sat into the chair next to him, "What's the matter? Why so glum?" "Nothing. Well, Eleanor broke up with me. She stopped by when you and Liam were out." I gave him a wet hug. "Come with me." I grinned and led him to the bathroom. I handed him some swim trunks I stole from my dad. "Try these on." I giggled and pulled him to the pool. "Hey, Liam! Catch!" He turned, and Louis was shoved on top of him. I bent over, laughing. Liam and Lou resurfaced, and I stopped laughing and pulled a serious face. "You can catch." I giggle.

The gate slammed shut, and I see a pretty girl, probably about 18 with black straight hair. I waltzed over, and I introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Alyson!" She grinned. "I'm Ashley. I hope you don't mind me crashing your party." I shake my head. "Nah, not at all. Hey, Lou! She didn't question my accent." I laughed. Louis turned around. I saw his blue eyes meet her red eyes. I smile, and I see Harry and Hannah talking a bit. I walked Ashley over to Louis, and I introduce them. I grinned, "I'll let you two get to know each other, kay? Kay." I turned around and I gracefully dived into the pool.

Liam grabbed me as I jumped out of the water. "Got-cha." He chanted. I smacked his back, and I grinned. "Playing match-maker, are we?" I grinned as he set me down. "Nope. What color are my eyes?" "Purple." "Good. My contacts haven't slipped out. I should take them out." I slipped out of the pool, and I quickly pulled the contact off my cornea. "Cannonball!" I screeched as I curled into a ball and splashed the boys.

Liam pulled me into a hug. "I need to speak with you. Privately." He whispered gently in my ear. "Tonight." I said as I dived into the water, performing multiple backflips. Liam was heading to the bathroom with swim trunks Zayn had brought for him. "Thanks." I shouted over the water to Zayn. "He wanted to take his jeans off, but I know he goes commando often. He never has any underwear to wa-" I was cut-off by Liam who jumped in on top of me. I laughed at his tomato red face. "Did you ever tell them about why I didn't want the sweatpants back?" "No." I giggled. His eyes widened. "Oh, yes. I will."

"Hey guys! Remember when I saw that slug on Friday, and Liam had to borrow some sweats? Yeah, the reason I didn't want them back wa-" Liam grabbed my shoulders and pulled me under the water. I resurfaced, and took a few deep breaths. "Wasbecausehehadtogocommando." I shouted as Liam flushed a bright red. "Go get married already!" Niall shouted.

I popped my head out of the water. "What?"

---------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.