Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"To Heal's" I shouted victoriously, and the everyone laughed. We walked through the doors, and I watched Louis sprint away. I rolled my eyes, and I sprinted after him. "Louis!" I shouted. I finally found him lying on a hot pink and brown bedspread. "I like this one." He smiled. I laughed, and I sat next to him. "Ok. I need everyone to like it though." I winked. I pulled him up, and gave him a hug.

I pulled away with his phone and wallet. I smiled then ran away, calling Zayn. "Hey, it's Alyson. I stole Louis' phone and wallet, so now he's chasing me. I found a bedspread that Louis and I like. Come bring everyone to look at it. It's by the kitchen appliences." I quickly hung up before he could say anything, and I looped around to where the bedspread was. I jogged to a stop, when Lou tackled me from the side, making us crash onto the bed. "Louis!" I yelled. "Give me my phone!" He shouted in my ear. I giggled and tossed the phone in his direction. I still had his wallet in my back pocket, and my shirt covered my butt, so he couldn't see it bulge.

"Hey guys, I found them!" I heard Niall yell. "It took y'all too long!" Lou complained. "I agree with Lou. You should have heard us." I winked at Zayn, and he blushed. "So. What do you think of this?" I asked pointing at the bedspread. Zayn shook his head. "I don't imagine polka dots with you. I think more... zebra stripes." I pointed over to the cyan blue and neon green bedspread 3 feet to the left, and he smiled. "Yes." I looked at everyone, and they nodded. I walked to Marie, and said, "I would like the blue and green zebra stripes. Pwease??" She grinned. "Yeah." She shoved a queen sized package into the cart and we strolled the store.

With the help of the boys, we lugged out the mattress, the bed frame, my dresser, and my sidetable, and loaded them into the trailer my aunt was borrowing from her guy friend. (Ooh la la ;]) "I'm hungry." Niall complained. "I've only known you for 2 days, and I noticed that you're always hungry." I giggled. "Nando's?" I questioned my aunt. "Sure." Niall just about screamed with happiness.

We got out of the car, and was seated by a woman who looked to be in her mid-forties. "Hello!" I said brightly. "Hello to you too dearie." She smiled blissfully. She took our drink orders, and disappeared behind a small group of people. We began talking, and a pretty girl probably about 17 years old brought our drinks to us. I smiled and handed Liam, Harry, and Louis their drinks, and took away all the spoons. Niall couldn't stop staring. I kicked his shin, causing him to yell in pain. "Niall!" He grinned. I looked up, and said, "Thank you, um, Isabelle. What a pretty name." I smiled, and she blushes. She takes our orders, and I begin talking about assembling the bed tonight, and she leaves.

I squealed quietly, and apologized to Niall for kicking him. "Why did you do that?" He demanded. "You were staring at her. It isn't polite to stare." I responded, quickly folding my napkin into a perfect triangle, rearranging my utensils, and placing them perfectly on the plate. "You and Liam have a lot in common." Zayn noted while Louis squealed, "Ok, Mummy!" I blushed, and ducked my head. I saw Harry staring at his plate. "Hey Harry, you ok?" I questioned. "Huh, wha? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I nodded, but didn't push matters. I'd do that later.

Isabelle came back with our food, and refills our drinks. "Pardon me, ma'am. Would you mind telling me where the bathroom is?" I politely asked. "Yes, it's around the corner, first door on the right." Isabelle responds. "Thank you. Excuse me, guys. Hello to you too, Lou." I winked at the boys, and I started in the direction of the bathroom. I walked back, and I saw that Niall was gone. "Where did Niall go?" I whispered to Zayn. "Bathroom. He left right after you." I nodded, and waited.

The food came out, and no sign of Niall. "Pardon me." I walk away to the bathroom again. I took a deep breath before opening the men's bathroom door a crack. "Niall? Hey buddy, you still in here?" I heard some sniffling, and the crumple of paper towels. I shut the door, and barged into the men's bathroom. I saw Niall, huddled in the corner, with red eyes. "Alyson!?!?!" He nearly shouted. "Shhh!" I shushed him. I sat down next to him, and I let him lay his head on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Did I kick you too hard?" I joked, and he shook his head. "I was reading Twitter, and I saw all the hate I was getting. It's not the first time either. It always happens. At signings, groups of girls would ask to take a picture with One Direction, and we all get up to take a picture, but they snarl and say, 'Not Niall. He doesn't deserve to be in One Direction.'" He started to cry. I stand up, and get a dry and a wet paper towel. "Here. Let's clean you up." I waited as he finished wiping his face. "Come here." I applied some concealer, and it was difficult to get the makeup to look ok on his paler skin.

I smiled, "You like Isabelle." He nodded shyly. "It's cool. Ask for her number." "I'll-I'll try." He stammered. I smiled, and said, "If she doesn't like you, then she doesn't know what she's missing out on. You're one of my only friends. You can tell me anything." We linked arms. "Oh, by the way, the food's been out for about...5 minutes." I inform him. His eyes widened and he rushed out to get to his food. I started to laugh, and I ambled after him.

What a day! We got home, and the boys helped assemble the bed, dresser, and night stand, then crashed on my bed. I took a picture, and I grinned. I grabbed a blanket, and fell asleep on the couch. Something felt wrong, so I stood up and tiptoed up the stairs again. I saw each of the boys, and I gave them each a kiss on the cheek. Well, all but Liam. I'm going to regret this. I thought, and I bent over and kissed Liam on the forehead. "Good night, boys." I whispered, and crept back down the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.