Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Maybe this isn't the worst thing ever. Maybe.

I pranced around the apartment, tiding up, scrubbing the bathtub with bleach before even turning it on, and texted my new mom. I thought about this, and decided I liked Marie better than Mom until we were living for a bit longer, and told her I was going to hang out with the guys all day. She texted back it was fine, but to be home buy 7 so we could buy me a bed. My back ached.

I walked out of the bathroom, and pulled on some of my signature bootcut jeans and a t-shirt that had a Batman logo on it. I slipped my hand out the window, and tugged my tennis shoes on. I stared into the mirror before deciding to side part my hair in a messy bun, and only wear some mascera and mint chapstick. I looked at the time. 1:29. I giggled, and I stood outside their door for a whole minute before knocking. I heard a bunch of rushing around, and Harry answered the door.

"Well, you're punctual, aren't you?" "Yes, and I would like to thank you for putting boxers on before answering the door. Louis told me about your... habit." I replied, and he laughed. "Hey Louis! Your best -" "Alyson!!" Louis screamed. "Louis!!" I yelled back, jumping on his back. We pranced around the dirty apartment, and I jumped off his back, landing on his couch. "Y'all really need to clean." I smiled. "Yeah. But I don't want to, and Harry doesn't either." Lou frowned and started to fake cry in his hands. I patted his back, and I said, "Don't let me see a slug, and I'll help clean."

We started to pick up, and I avoided all clothing if possible. I sent Louis and Harry to pick up all the clothes throughout the house, and I started the kitchen. I heard a faint knock on the door, and I walked over to open it, but it burst open. I stared, dumbfounded, as the rest of the boys filtered in. "Hello!" Niall said cheerily, heading for the kitchen. Zayn closed my mouth, and Liam smiled. I smiled back, and heard Niall scream. I ran to him, and he was touching the floor with his hand. "There... There's a floor guys!" He flew into Liam's arms. "Who did this?" I raised my hand. "You are welcome. I'm about to go through the fridge.." "I'll help!!" Niall was at the fridge in an instant.

I rolled my eyes, and I gave Liam and Zayn hugs. Well first I messed up Zayn's hair, and I stuck a spoon in my back pocket. Liam saw it, and freaked. I laughed, and he pulled up a picture of a slug. I screamed, and hid behind Zayn. He giggled (such a manly word) and I hid behind his knees. I stood up slowly. "Wash your shoes." I stated simply, and he called out, "Ok, mummy!" "It's pronounced mommy, and I am not a mom." "You act like one." Niall piped up from the kitchen. "That's alright. LiLi here isn't called Daddy Direction for nothing."

"Whoa, wait. What are you getting at?" Liam walked out of the kitchen with an apple in his hand. "Did you wash that?" I asked before I could stop myself. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I?" He asked, taking a bite out of it. "Habit. Sorry." I mumbled, blushing. "Here." I handed Liam a key to my house. "I don't trust Louis or Harry enough, I'm afraid Niall will eat all my food, and I'm afraid that Zayn will use all my hair spray." I winked at the boys. "If you need anything, just come over. It may or may not be locked." I smiled, and continued to clean the kitchen.

I giggled when I found all the ingredients I needed for chocolate chip cookies. I started to mix together the ingredients, and I turned the oven on. After about 5 minutes of the cookies being in the oven, I heard footsteps pounding against the ground. "Cookies!" Niall screamed, and hugged me. "Err... Unless you want burnt cookies, get off." I muttered in his ear. He got off, and sat down waiting. I pulled out the cookies, and put 15 more globs of cookies dough on the pan. "Niall, don't touch the cookies, or the cookie dough. You'll get burned, or you could get salmonella." I grinned as he stared at the cookies. I picked one up, and handed it to him. "Shh." I said, and opened the kitchen door so the smell of fresh baked cookies could waft through the house.

Everyone soon filed in, begging for a cookie. "Wait! Niall hasn't even had a cookie!" I exclaimed! I turned away and winked in his direction. I pulled out the milk and sniffed it. "Urk." I squeaked, and turn to the sink while I gagged. "Louis, go buy milk. No cookies until he gets back." I commanded. He left, and Harry went with him. I put the last batch of cookies in the oven, and Liam was reaching over the counter to get a cookie. I had a spatula in my hand, and I smack his hand. Hard. "Oww!" He yelped as I laughed. "I said no cookies until they get back. Besides, warm cookies taste better with milk." I grinned and placed the platter of cookies in the microwave.

"I think that we won't be going anywhere." I stated as I pulled out the last batch. I burned my hand, so I set down the cookies, and ran my hand under cold water. "Owie!" I muttered watching the my hand develop a red mark. I pulled it away, and scraped the cookies off the cookie sheet as Louis and Harry walked in with milk. "Just in time." I yelled for the boys to come in the kitchen. They watched as I pulled the cookies out of the microwave, and set them down in front of them. I beamed and make 6 glasses of milk. I handed each boy a glass, and I watched as they each took a bite of the cookies.

"These are really good." Niall said around the cookie he shoved into his mouth. Everyone nodded in agreement. "How long have you been baking?" Liam asked quietly. "Umm..." I had to think. "I started when I turned 13, and I was really good according to all the old ladies at church. So about 3 years?" I replied. "I enjoy baking. It makes me feel good to bake something, and watch people's faces light up when they take a bite." I smiled at the ground. I turned on the radio, and What Makes You Beautiful flipped on. I heard they boys humming along, and I sighed. "Yes, you can sing. I don't mind." I grinned, as each boy began singing his part. Niall started singing with the cookie in him mouth, and we all laughed.

"What time do you have to leave?" Zayn asked, glancing at the clock. I looked over. 5:30. I gaped at it, and before Zayn could come over, I snapped my mouth shut. "You learned!" He shouted. I smiled, and replied. "7. I guess I'll have to leave soon. Oh, and um Harry?" He turned, and I reached into my bag and pulled out a plastic baggie with his underwear in it. "I would prefer if you didn't leave you underwear on the floor. In the kitchen." I grinned and tossed him the bag. He grinned broadly, opened the baggie, and threw the underwear at my feet. "Eww!!" I shrieked and I jumped up on the counter. I started to poke his underwear with Louis's slipper, which I found on the counter. I shot him a "Really?" look, and I reached into my bag and pulled out some rubber gloves. I picked up Harry's underwear, and placed it oh so lightly on his head. He grinned.

"I have to go. Thanks for inviting me over." I smiled, and gave each boy a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I went down the line: Harry, Louis, Zayn, Niall, Liam, Har-. "Harry! You already got a hug and kiss!" His face fell. I felt bad, so I sighed and gave him another hug and kiss. He smiled. "Bye!" I shouted and walked the 3 feet to my house. I walked in, and decided I would make banana bread.

I started thinking about the boys.

------------------------------------------------------------

If you look closely at a tree

you'll notice it's knots and dead branches,

just like our bodies.

What we learn is that

beauty and imperfection

go together

wonderfully.