FortySix: The Final Chapter.

Two years later

Normani's POV

It's funny how your life can take a  drastic turn. One minute you have everything but the next minute you have nothing. After I got out of the mental hospital I expected things to go back to normal but that didn't happen. My friends and family gave up on me. They couldn't find it in their hearts to forgive me for all of the terrible things I had done. I stayed in my parents house for awhile but things weren't the same.

So in the middle of the night I wrote a letter to my parents saying that I was sorry for being such a disappointment and that they didn't have to worry about me anymore. I emptied my bank account and bought myself a plane ticket to New York. Now I'm in new city where no one knows who I am or anything about my past. I have enough money in my account to pay my rent for about six months but I need to find a job to keep some money in my pocket.

I would teach dance classes but I don't have the passion for it anymore. I've been on a job search for hours and I need to get something to eat so I stopped in this diner to get something. I sat down at the counter and began looking at the menu.

"Hello I'm Leigh-Anne what can I get for you to drink?"

"Coffee, please." I said.

Leigh-Anne was a cutie with a very nice accent. She brought me a hot cup of coffee and dish full of different creamers. "So how you liking the big city so far?" Leigh-Anne asked.

"Is it that obvious that I'm new to the city?" I asked.

"Kinda. I had that same look on your face when I move here. Things move really fast around here but you'll get used to it." Leigh-Anne said.

"Good to know. I'll have the waffles and a side of bacon, please." I said.

"Coming right up." Leigh-Anne said.

Leigh-Anne gave the cook my order and walked away. I took out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram to see what my friends were up to. Lauren and Dinah just found out that they were having a baby boy, this was child number two for them.

Zendaya and Ally were celebrating their three year wedding anniversary.

Camila and Alessia were celebrating their two year wedding anniversary and their daughter just turned one.

As for Tori and Morgan they were still together and still madly in love with each other. Five kids with another one on the way.

Then there's Y/N and Veronica, still married. Y/N recently posted a picture wishing Nicholas a happy birthday. My baby boy turned six years old and I was there to celebrate it. Y/N posted a video of everyone singing him happy birthday and it brought a tear to my eye. He looked so happy and everyone around him looked happy. I bet he doesn't even know about me. If I could go back in time and do everything differently I would. Especially if it meant I get to a mother to Nicholas.

"Aww sweetheart what's the matter?" Leigh-Anne asked.

I quickly wiped my tears away and said,  "Nothing. Just looking at some old pictures and I got kind of emotional."

"Handsome kid. He looks just like you." Leigh-Anne said.

"Yeah. I made some bad choices so I don't get to see him." I said.

"Who are those cuties across the street?" Leigh-Anne asked.

I looked behind me and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Y/N and Morgan standing in front of their photography studio. I got up from the bar stool and went outside. I made sure that the traffic was clear before walking across the street.