ThirtyNine.

Y/N's POV

So I'm at my trial, just a little nervous. If things go well I get to go home to my family burnt they don't I'll have to spend the rest of my days in prison. I was only in prison for sixty days and I don't wanna go back. I'm sitting at the table with my lawyers and they're going over their notes with me. They told me that we have a good shot at winning, the only thing we need to be worried about is the jury.

I could punch my dad is his chest though. I'm really feeling this pantsuit, got me looking all sexy and shit but these damn James Brown I feel good church shoes got to go.

My parents were there along with Mama Drea, Papa Derrick, Veronica, Morgan, Zendaya, Dinah, and Camila. Alessia and Ally stayed home to take care of Tori, Lauren and the boys. Since  JP I'm still attending school he couldn't move out here when everyone else did so he stayed with Masi until it was time for my trial.

Before I left this morning Rudy and the girls told me that if I don't come back I better send them plenty of pictures of the babies. I told them that I would definitely do that.

The baling came in and said, "All rise, the honorable Judge Veronica Hastings, presiding."

When I heard that name I couldn't contain the joy I had inside. I knew this judge. When I was younger Mrs. Hastings used to be a lawyer who would represent children who were in foster care. When I was four years old she represented me and won. Even though she's gotten older she still looks good.

On top of that she had the same name as my bae.

My lawyers made their opening arguments and my old foster dad's lawyers did the same. My lawyers questioned him and of course he made up some bullshit story about how I was always violent and aggressive towards him. I was only violent when he was forced himself on to me. But my lawyers were able to trip him up every chance they got. Then came my turn for me to tell what happened that day.

"Y/N can you tell us what happened on July 27, 2013?" My lawyer asked.

"Yes I can. It was a normal day, I did my chores around the house and I finished reading a book, To Kill a Mockingbird. Wayne had just finished making dinner and he called me downstairs. I was about to fix my plate then he started groping me and I told him to stop but he didn't listen. He slapped me in the face and that lead to a physical altercation. In the midst of our fight he had me pinned down on the floor. I saw the knife on the floor, I grabbed it then I wedge it in his side. After I realized what I had done I ran upstairs and got a few of my things and left. I never looked back." I said.

"So you acted purely in self defense, this wasn't premeditated at all." My lawyer said.

"That is correct. I tried to get help on numerous occasions but no one would believe me. They said I wanted attention, I just wanted help that's all." I said.

"How would you say the abuse that you suffered at the hands of your old foster dad has affected you Y/N?"

"It's affected me a lot. I have a hard time trusting people, even my friends and family. I have sleeping problems, some nights I have to take sleeping pills just to fall asleep. This past year I found out that I was bipolar and that also suffer from anxiety and depression. I have to take medications for those as well. I haven't had my medications in two months so I'm not exactly in the best health mentally but in doing the best I can to keep my insanity." I said.

"I'm very sorry about that Y/N. My last question to you is, after you ran away from home how did your life change?" My lawyer asked.