ThirtyFour.

Y/N POV

"Let's talk about August 4, 2013."

"Y-Y/N how'd you find out about that?" Veronica nervously asked.

"Don't worry about how I found out. I just need for you to tell me the truth about what happened that day." I said.

"Okay just promise not to hurt me when I'm done." Veronica begged.

"I would never hurt you but okay, I promise not to hurt you." I said.

Veronica's hands started shaking and tears were forming in her eyes. I don't know what happened that day but I feel like a jerk for making her relive that.

"I was in a relationship with a guy and like in most cases I thought he was absolutely perfectly. That was until he started cheating on me and then after the cheating came the abuse. He would beat me if I did something wrong or if I didn't do anything at all. Then I found out I was pregnant and he told me to get rid of it. I didn't listen to him and he beat me until I lost the baby. August 4, 2013 we got into an argument and he hit me and I decided that enough was enough. So I took a baseball bat and beat the shit out of him with it. I got arrested for assault and battery the judge ruled in my favor because I was just defending myself. But I did have to take anger management classes." Veronica explained.

"What happened to the bastard that beat you?" I asked.

"He's in jail for a very long time." Veronica said.

"That's exactly where he belongs. I'm sorry digging up all that stuff on you. I should've just came to you and asked. I'm really really sorry Veronica." I said.

"It's fine Y/N. I should've told you sooner. I was just scared of how you would react. Honestly Y/N I'm still scared to be with you." Veronica said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're too good to be true. I'm just afraid that you're gonna snap one day and you're gonna hurt me." Veronica said.

I put my cigar out in the ashtray and got up. I held out my hand but Veronica didn't want to hold it. It's really sad that Veronica thinks I'm gonna hurt her. I know that I'm bipolar and have a temper but I have it under control and I know better than to put my hands on a woman.

"Babygirl look at me. I'm not your ex boyfriend. I care about you way too much to do the things that he did to you. All I want to do is love you and make you the happiest woman in the world." I said.

"You promise?" Veronica asked.

"Yes I promise. Now is there anything else you want to tell me?" I asked.

Veronica took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "There is a possibility that I might be pregnant with your baby."

"For real?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm late and that's the only reason I could think of. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and get checked out. So yeah I just thought you should know what's going on. If I am pregnant and don't want to be in the baby's life I totally understand. I can do it on my own." Veronica said sadly.

"Not gonna happen babygirl. If you are pregnant I'm gonna be there for you and my little one every step of the way. Y'all won't have anything to about anything because I'm gonna take good care of you." I said.