eight.

Normani's POV

"Normani what are you doing?" My mom asked as she walked into my room.

"Nothing just doing a little research that's all." I said.

My mom stood over and and began reading the article I had pulled up. Y/N was doing very good with her mood swings and stuff but I don't know what happened. It's like a light was turned off and Y/N went dark.

The other day Y/N and I got into an argument and she left the house. She didn't call or text anyone and that scared me to death. Y/N got home around midnight and when I asked her where she was she caught and attitude with me again but this time she yelled at me. Y/N stomped up the stairs and took a shower like nothing happened. But me being the body one that I am I had to know where she was so I kept questioning her.

Finally Y/N answered my question and she told me that she had been out driving all day. But what hurt me the most is that she admitted to hooking up with a girl while she was gone. And I just happened to know the girl it was my friend Camila. The only reason Camila and I don't talk much is because she's in college studying to be an English teacher. What upsets me the most is Y/N hooked up with someone else when we already have something going on. I know we aren't official but damn I thought we were in the same page about how we feel about each other.

"Normani why are you looking up bipolar disorder information?" Mom asked.

"It's not for me, it's for Y/N." I said.

"You think Y/N is bipolar?" Mom asked.

"I'm not sure but she shows a lot of the signs." I said.

I handed my mom the laptop and she began reason the article. Every time she came across something interesting she would nod her head or say mmhm. She handed me back the laptop and said, "Y/N shows a lot of those symptoms and I've noticed it. But when did you notice?"

"Okay I have to tell you something but I don't want you to get upset." I said.

"Okay...I'm listening." Mom said.

"Mom I'm gay." I said nervously.

My mom looked around the room and shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't a big deal. "Oh I already knew that. What else did you have to tell me?"

Well that was interesting.

"When you and dad went out of town a few weeks ago Y/N and I were in the kitchen..."

"Normani Kordei Hamilton did you and Y/N have sex in my kitchen?!" My mom yelled.

"No mom we didn't have sex in your kitchen, that's nasty." I said.

I'm willing to give kitchen sex a try though especially if it's with Y/N.

"Anyway we were in the kitchen hugging and stuff and when I turned around Y/N was crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said nothing. Then after that Y/N has been an emotional mess." I said.

"I'll go talk to her. All I have to is give her some of my famous apple pie and she open up with no problem." Mom said confidently.

"I hope she does because I'm really worried about her." I said.

"I know you are but we're going to do whatever we can to help her." Mom said.