six.

Y/N POV

Today makes one month since I've been staying with the Hamiltons. It's been pretty cool so far, they pay me well and they treat me nice. As far as Normani and I we barely talk since that night in the garage. I know she's probably wondering what's been going on with me and to be honest I don't know what what's wrong with me either.

Lately I've distanced myself from Normani and the girls. The only person I really talk to is Miss Andrea and that's because she's super chill. My sleeping patterns have gotten worse, I haven't slept in two days. Every time I close my eyes all I can see is the bad stuff that happened to me when I was a kid and I don't know how to block it out. The only time I did sleep through the night without a problem was when Normani used to sleep in the bed with me. Now that I'm scared of her I can't sleep at all.

My appetite has changed a lot too in the past month. Usually I can eat a lot of food and be perfectly fine now I barely want to eat anything. That's messed up because Miss Andrea makes some bomb ass meals but I don't have a taste for them.

Lastly I've noticed it does not take a lot to make me mad or sad. No joke, I could be perfectly and within a matter of minutes I'm ready to punch a hole through something or cry my eyes out. And I hate that all of this is going on because I don't know how to tell anyone that all of this is going on without them thinking I'm crazy.

Since it's a rainy day I've pretty much locked myself in the garage and worked on my little building project. I recently bought a new phone and Normani put some new music on it but a good percentage of it is Beyoncé. I don't have any problems with Beyoncé but I just can't listen to that much Beyoncé in one day. When Normani and I were actually on speaking terms she downloaded this app on my phone called Spotify. I like it because I can pick a playlist and just listen to all I want, I just hate the commercials that play when the playlist is on point.

"Whatcha listening to?" Miss Andrea asked as she walked into the garage.

"Michael Jackson." I said.

"What's your favorite MJ song?" Miss Andrea asked.

"Human nature. It's really chill and it sounds nice." I said as I paused my music.

Miss Andrea handed me a cup of tea and told me that it would help me relax a little. I continued working in the blue print of my project as Andrea stood over my shoulder and watched. "Y/N can I ask something?" Miss Andrea asked.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"What happened between you and my daughter? One minute you two are all buddy buddy with each other now you can't even look at each other." Miss Andrea.

"I just don't want to get too close to her. A big part of that is because of your husband but I have some personal stuff that's happened to me in my past that kinda makes it hard for me to trust people." I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Miss Andrea asked.

"No ma'am." I said.

"Well if you ever change your mind, I'm here." Miss Andrea said.

"I'll keep that in mind." I said.

I closed out Spotify and turned off the lamp on my workstation. I grabbed the warm cup of tea and took it upstairs to my room. I turned on the tv and watched the Criminal Minds and drank the rest of my tea. Eventually my eyelids grew heavy and I fell asleep.

==•==

Normani's POV

Another day of sitting in my room wondering what I did for Y/N to shut me out. One minute things are great between us the next minute we can't even look each other in the eye. Y/N was just starting to open up to me and now she's just shut herself down from everyone.