twelve.

Y/N POV

Ever since Masi mentioned me having a twin that's all I can think about. What if the girl he saw is actually my twin sister? I mean it is a possibility. Maybe when my mom was pregnant with us she carried us to term and when she realized that she couldn't care for us she put us in foster care. And instead of us being together we got separated and lost in the system. There's so many questions and I'm dying to get answers. I'm about to go ask Mr. Derrick and Miss Andrea if they can give me some time off to go back to Houston so I can get my birth certificate. More than likely they'll say yes but I still have to ask first.

I got to Mr. Derrick's office and gently knock on the door. "Come in Y/N." He said.

I walked into the office and he told me to have a seat. Even though Mr. Derrick has been very nice to me, I'm still scared of him. He just intimidates the shit out of me. He seems like a nice guy but I'm scared that'll he snap at any minute and turn into a vicious person. Miss Andrea, she cool as hell and she's an amazing cook. And the fact she accepts Normani and I's "relationship" makes her alright with me.

"What can we do for you Y/N?" Derrick asked.

"I kinda need your help with something." I said.

"Sure what is it?" Andrea asked.

"Well as you guys know, I don't know much about my family and that's something that always bothers me. And I don't have my birth certificate. So I was wondering if I could take some time off and go to Houston to get my birth certificate." I said.

"That's perfectly fine with me." Derrick said.

"You know that I'm okay with it. I hope that you find what you're looking for when you get there." Miss Andrea said.

"Thank you guys so much for this. I'll never forget it." I said.

"Well I suggest you and Normani start packing now because your flight leaves in about two hours." Derrick said.

I got up and started walking towards the door. Then I turned around and asked, "Normani?"

"Yeah I don't want you in Houston all alone. Besides I'm sure Normani would love to go with you." Derrick said.

I looked up at Miss Andrea and she was trying to so hard not to laugh. Derrick does not have a clue what he's just done. Pretty much him sending me on a trip out of town with his daughter is giving me a free pass to fuck her. But I'm not going to do that with Normani. Whenever she's ready to take that step we will. I'd wait forever if I had to because Normani is worth the wait.

I went into Normani's room and sat down on the bed between her and Dinah. I pecked her on the lips and said, "Pack your bags babygirl we're going on a trip."

"Where are we going?" Normani asked.

"Houston. Your parents already bought the plane tickets and our flight leaves in a few hours so let's go." I said.

"Y'all are about to fuck like there's no tomorrow once you get away from this house." Dinah said.

"No we won't." I said.

"Exactly none of that will be happening." Normani said.

I went into my room and packed three days worth the clothes along with my toothbrush and all the other important stuff. "Y/N don't forget to pack your medicines." Normani said.

"I already did that babe." I said.

"Okay. I'm just making sure." Normani said.