ThirtyFive.

Veronica's POV

I have never been so scared in my entire life. Morgan called me crying her eyes out saying that Y/N got rushed to the hospital. I didn't ask any questions I got in my car to meet them at the hospital. I got to the hospital and found Morgan, JP, Ethan, Tori and the rest of Y/N's family and friends in the waiting room. I went straight to Morgan and asked her what happened.

"Morgan what happened?" I asked.

"She got stabbed four times in the side. The doctors are trying to stop all of the bleeding. And it's not looking to too good for her right now. There's a lot of internal bleeding and her organs are really screwed up." Morgan explained.

"But she's gonna live right?" I asked.

"Her chances are very slim. If not that she might have to go on the machine." Morgan said.

"Y/N can't die. She was doing so good." I said.

"Let's just pray and hope Y/N comes through this." Morgan said.

Morgan was trying to hold it together but I could see that she was ready to break down and so was I. I had just talked to Y/N a few hours ago and we were making plans to have date night with our friends this weekend. Now Y/N is on an operating table fighting for her life. That just goes to show how life can change in an instant. I sat in between Ethan and JP, Ethan rested his head on my shoulder and began to cry.

"I don't want Y/N to die." Ethan said.

"I know buddy. But I got a feeling things are gonna be just fine. Y/N's a fighter and she's gonna be alright." I said trying to make myself believe that Y/N was gonna be okay.

Two hours went by and still no word from the doctor. Ethan wanted a snack so we went and got stuff from the vending machine. When we came back upstairs I found Normani sitting all by herself rubbing her belly. Normani and I really haven't talked much so I decided to be the bigger woman and talk first. I sat next to her and held out the bag of the Doritos, "You seem like a cool ranch kind of girl." I said.

"You would be right. Thanks Veronica." Normani said.

"You're welcome." I said.

"So many months are you?" Normani asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Don't try to lie, I see it all over your face. You've got the pregnancy glow." Normani said.

"Roughly six weeks. I found out yesterday and I was gonna tell Y/N but look where we are." I said.

Roughly six weeks pregnant with twins.  I was excited when I found out the news and I couldn't wait to tell Y/N. I know how much she wants a family and she's finally gonna have that. All I need is for Y/N to do is pull through this. I'm excited about being a mother but I can't do this by myself. I need Y/N to get better, she has to.

"Is this your first time?" Normani asked.

"Nope, miscarried the first time." I said.

"I'm really sorry to hear that." Normani said.

"It's fine, it happened a while ago. It's one of those things you try to forget but it just one of those things that replays in your head over and over again." I said.

The doctors came out and talked to Y/N's parents and Morgan. I stayed back because I wasn't prepared for the news. Normani squeezed my hand and said, "She's gonna be okay."

Morgan and her parents went down the hall to what I assumed to be Y/N's room. I don't know what came over me but I started feeling nauseous so I ran to the bathroom. Normani came into the bathroom and held my hair for me while I spilled my guts into the toilet. Morning sickness is an understatement, I have it around the clock. Once I got myself together I flushed the toilet and wash my hands. Then while I was looking in the mirror my hormones kicked in and I started crying.

"I don't wanna lose her Normani." I said.

Normani pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back. "Just relax and don't get yourself stressed out. Why don't you go see Y/N and tell her how you feel?" Normani said.

"Okay."

When we walked back to the waiting room a few of our friends and family were gone. I sat down next to JP and he was crying his eyes out, "The doctor said Y/N doesn't have much time left so we should go in and say our goodbyes now. I already said mine."

I went around the corner and Ethan had just walked out with Morgan and Tori. I jut stood outside the room and waited for my turn. One by one everyone came out and it was my turn to go in. I walked into Y/N's room and she was awake and but she was out of it. I kissed her on the forehead and sat by her bedside.

"I don't know why everyone is coming in here telling you goodbye for because I know that you're gonna beat this and everything is gonna be alright." I said.

"V...." Y/N said weakly.

"Yes baby, I'm here." I said.

"I'm......tired." Y/N said.

"I know baby but you need to get some rest because you've been through a lot today." I said.

"V......I-I'm d-dying. M-My time is u-up." Y/N said.

A tear fell out the corner of Y/N's eye and rolled down Y/N's pale cheek. I wiped it away and ran my fingers through her hair just like she liked it. Y/N smiled a little bit and gently grabbed my wrist. I kissed the back of her hand and tried to fight my own tears but it didn't work. Watching someone you love die is a painful thing, it's something I've experienced one time too many.

"D-Don't cry p-princess w-w-we had a g-good run. I am sooo g-glad t-that I m-met you. D-Don't forget a-about me w-when I-I'm g-gone." Y/N said sadly

"I promise that I won't forget you Y/N. And stop saying all this sad stuff, you're not gonna die. You have a long beautiful life ahead of you. There's gonna be plenty of love, adventures, babies, just a whole lot of amazing things." I said.

"Babies?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, you and I are gonna have some babies in about nine months." I said.

Y/N took her right hand and balled it up in a fist. That was Y/N's way of saying that's great.

"I-I'm gonna b-be a daddy." Y/N said with a little smirk on her face.

Even in Y/N's darkest hour it's nice to know that she can still find a way to make me smile.

"If that's what you want to call yourself then I'm fine with it. But the babies need you to get better so you can be there for them and watch them grow up."  I said.

"C-Can I t-take a n-nap p-please?" Y/N asked.

"Yes you can. And I'm gonna be right here when you wake up." I said.

"Promise?" Y/N asked.

"I promise."

(A/N)

I know some of you are salty because I did this chapter in Veronica's POV but it's whatever, I wanted to do something different.

*spoiler alert* Y/N is gonna make it

But except major drama and plot twists in the future and in about ten chapters maybe a few more this book will be finished more than likely there won't be a sequel, sorry

Thanks for reading tell me what you think 😌