TwentyNine.

Y/N POV

Why do you have to wear all black at a funeral? I never understood that. It's bad enough you're grieving the loss of someone but the dress code doesn't add to the occasion. Today is Veronica's sister's funeral and I'm going there to show my support. I only met Veronica's sister once and she was a really nice woman, it's just really sad that the breast cancer got to her.

Veronica is taking it really hard but that's expected. Every night Veronica has called me crying her eyes out and I would do the best I could to comfort her. I didn't want to tell her that everything would be okay because I think we both knew that wasn't the truth.

I'm sitting in my truck in the parking lot of the church trying put all of this hair of mine into a ponytail. I love my long hair but I'm starting to hate it. Whenever I get some free time I'm going to the hair salon and I'm cutting these locs off. This long thick wavy hair of mine is becoming too much to handle. Veronica says she like my long hair but my hair isn't going to be here much longer.

I got out of the truck and leaned against the door and waited for Veronica to get there. I saw the family cars pull up and I started walking towards the door. This will be the second time in my entire life that I've ever stepped into a church, Laurinah's wedding was the first time. Wen I was dating Normani Mama Drea tried to convince me to come to church but I really wasn't feeling it. Growing up no one ever took me to church or gave me a spiritual foundation. I guess I'm just waiting on the right time to see what this church business is about.

I spotted Veronica getting out of one of the family cars with her mother and step father. I walked over to Veronica and tapped her on the shoulder. Veronica turned around and lowered her sunglasses to look at me. "Y/N what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I didn't want you to go through this alone. You've helped me out a lot and it's only right I do the same." I said.

Veronica softly kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for being there. I greeted both of Veronica's parents before we had to walk in the church. Veronica was squeezing the hell out of my but I didn't bother me that much. If you she needed something to hold on to then I guess I had to make myself available. When we walked inside the church all of the seat were filled except the section that was reserved for the family.

"Y/N I don't think I can do this." Veronica said.

"It's alright, I'm gonna be right there with you." I said.

The family slowly walked in the church and each member of the family took turns viewing the body. When it was Veronica's turn she planted a soft kiss on her sister's forehead before bursting into tears. I lead her to our seats and wrapped my arm around her. Seeing someone you care about in pain tends to have an affect on you. After the family was done viewing the body the funeral started. There was a lot of singing and a whole lot of crying. Veronica's nephews read a poem, then her brother-in-law said a few remarks, then it was Veronica's turn to go. She took off her sunglasses and went up to the podium.

I could Veronica was nervous because I could see her hands shaking at her sides. She took a deep breath and began telling everyone about the good times that she had with her sister. Veronica did good until she got to the ending and her voice began to crack. She tried to be strong and push through it but she couldn't. Veronica just took her seat next to me and I wrapped my arm around her.

This whole funeral thing is starting to bring back a lot of memories. After Normani and I lost Sophia we decided to have a little funeral for her.  My little princess has a tombstone and everything. Now matter what I'm doing I'm always thinking of my little princess.