sixteen.

Y/N's POV

"Why did you give me up?" I asked.

Patrick and Meredith both pulled away and looked at me as if I had said something wrong. I stood there with my arms folded and waited for my "parents" to give me a reason as to why they gave me up for adoption all those years ago.

"I would like an answer, now." I said.

"Y/N we were in a tough situation at the time. We were young, broke and didn't have any support from our families. If we could've kept both of you we would have but it didn't work out that way. But it all worked out though, didn't you get adopted?" Patrick said.

"No I didn't get adopted. I aged out of the system and ended up on my own." I said.

Meredith looked like she was so shocked at the fact that I never get adopted and so was Patrick. There's no way in hell that I'm going to spend my time trying to get to know these people. It's best that I leave now before things get crazy.

"I wish I could say that it was nice meeting you guys but I can't. So I'm gonna leave now. Goodbye." I said.

I started to walk away but Morgan grabbed me and say me down on the couch. "Y/N please stay for awhile. We want to try and get to know you. Please." Patrick said.

"Please Y/N." Morgan said.

"Fine what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Where are you staying?" Meredith asked.

"I'm staying with a really good family that actually gives a damn about me. They welcomed me into their home, gave me a place to lay my head, a job, and they treat me as if I'm apart of their family. That's a lot more than I had growing up." I said.

Patrick and Meredith started traded glances at each other I knew I had just struck a nerve. A butler, like Geoffrey from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air came and offered me something to drink but I declined. Morgan said that the family had some serious money but I didn't think they had it like this. I saw a few maids walk through the kitchen and apparently my baby brother has his own nanny. Just seeing all of this stuff makes me feel so out of place.

"So are you in college Y/N?" Meredith asked.

"No. I didn't even finish high school. I dropped out the first chance I got." I said.

Meredith chuckled and asked, "Why would you do something stupid like that Y/N?"

"Let's see no one gave a damn about me. I was staying in a home with ten kids including myself, no one else took care of them except me. I was up early in the morning making sure they were clean, dressed, they had a decent breakfast, their lunches were fixed, and made sure that they got on the bus safely. I would get to school and ended up falling in class because I was so tired. Then after school I went home to take care of them and get a few hours of rest because I had to get to work. I tried to keep up with my school work but I couldn't. My teachers even told me that I would never finish so I made their job a little easier. I gave them one less student to worry about. So don't you dare sit there and and call my decisions stupid." I said.

"Well if you were doing so terrible in school why didn't you get a tutor?" Patrick asked.

"What part of living in a group home didn't you get? I couldn't ask the guy that ran the home for help because he was too busy raping me!" I yelled.

"Y/N we're sorry we didn't think that your childhood was so tough." Patrick said.

This guy can't be serious right now? The reason my life was so hard is because of these people. I'm trying to stay calm but with my temper, that shit isn't going to last long.