Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-Four:

Louis stared gobsmacked at the girl in front of him; his mouth was wide open and eyes filled with sadness. Just then Harry returned.

"I'm back."

"Hey, Harry, welcome back." Kayleigh purred.

The curly haired man laughed, swinging his arm over the girl's shoulder pulling her into a bear hug as he sat down. Louis quietly sighed and stood up from his seat.

"I'll clean the plates."

So with possibly even sadder eyes he picked up his plate, then Harry's then Kayleigh's. Neither of them noticed his good deed, neither of them even thanked him. And that's when he cried when he was in the kitchen scrubbing away at the dirty plates. He felt sorry for crying, he felt like a jealous bitch; but, it wasn't just because of how Harry was acting, it was about what the beautiful girl had said, he always had weight issues.

And that's how the night began.

Unfortunately, it didn't end any better.

---

Kayleigh had left hours ago; Lou felt no better, well Louis didn't feel happier; Harry on the other hand... He was overjoyed.

He and Louis cuddled on the couch that night; all Hazza did was talk about his 'best friend'. Louis tried to smile and laugh along at the stories, but that one word continued to play through his head.

Fatass.

"I'm going to see what movies we have down in the basement. We never use the television down there; maybe we could have a movie in the dark." The dimple-cheeked man stood up, a large grin on his face and left Louis with a chaste kiss on his forehead.

The small boy didn't know how long he sat where Harry had left him. Crystal blue eyes staring into an abyss of negativity. It must have been twenty minutes before Louis finally came back to reality.

---

Before Louis knew it, he was walking down to the basement in search of Harry. The small boy knew he had a bad habit of jumping to conclusions - this time he planned to talk to Harry about what had happened. But those plans went down the drain when he reached the door to the basement.

He could hear Harry's voice and another male. It sounded like he was talking on the phone.

"Nah mate that was high school we aren't freshmen anymore." Louis frowned as he raised his ear to the door listening to Harry speak.

"Gosh, you're a wanker." This time it was a stranger talking.

"Hahaha, we are both wankers." Louis pouted in concentration as he listened to Harry talk. Who was he talking to?

"Yeah yeah, we all know who you wank to Harry."

"Come on who doesn't wank to Kayleigh she is hot as fuck."

It was then that Louis' heart broke.

---

Harry had gone to put on a movie; he was looking for a chick flick, 13 going on 30, he was in the mood for something silly.

While looking for the DVD, the curly haired boy stumbled along a disc that he hadn't seen in some time. It was a collection of videos of himself and his twin brother, Marcel.

The tall man frowned, he hated his brother... but as he looked at the disc that sat in his hand, with messy writing scribbled on the front 'Haz and Marcy', he couldn't help but frown.

He put the disc in and sat on the floor hugging his knees to his chest as he watched the home video creation. Only now understanding how much he missed Marcel. Harry frowned as he realised that Marcel had to die for him to recognise that no matter what Marcel had done previously, they were still twins and loved each other no matter what.

Harry soon turned the TV off when a scene about wanking to Kayleigh appeared; they were young and naive - Harry only said those things to hide that he was gay.

Little did the curly haired man know that Louis was in a taxi, with tears cascading down his cheeksm thinking that Harry loved Kayleigh because Louis was too fat.