Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

"Hi, Harry."

After Louis' declaration of wanting to stay with Harry, Johanna had reacted negatively stating;

'You would choose a boy you have only known for two months over your mother? How could you do that Louis? I raised you! Just you wait I will get you out of this prison, and you will realise that you made the wrong decision to stay with that scum.'

Johanna proceeded to storm out of the visitor's room leaving an abandoned and hurt Louis alone.

"Hi, little Lou my sweet cheeks. Come in, are you okay?" Harry's heart fluttered upon hearing Louis' soft, innocent voice. "Ye-yeah fine."

The fine boy sent a small smile to Liam and Ash before politely asking, "can you please give Harry and I some alone time?"

The two friends nodded in understanding and promptly left, they didn't hug Louis still unsure if the boy was ready for the show of affection. Louis sat on the bed next to Harry, staring up at the man.

"I-I think I'm ready to talk about... about... it."

"With the therapist?"

"Yeah."

---

"Hello Louis, Harry, my name is Doctor Hemmings, but please, call me Luke."

Louis had insisted Harry come with him; he didn't want to be alone, and the therapist said he was happy to cater to Louis' needs

Louis had insisted Harry come with him; he didn't want to be alone, and the therapist said he was happy to cater to Louis' needs. So here Louis sat on the red couch, Harry next to him, holding the latter's hand tightly as Luke sat across from them on a one seater chair.

"Hi." Louis squeaked extremely nervous.

"Hello Luke, I hope you can help." Harry took control as he reached forward to shake the doctor's hand.

"I'm positive that only good things will come from you being here." Luke moved to look at Louis noticing the boy was eyeing the jar of jellybeans on a shelf.

"Would you feel more comfortable if I gave you a jellybean?" Luke laughed at the small boy's pleading eyes.

"Ye-yes." Doctor Hemmings sat up, walking across the room to retrieve the jar with a smile on his face.

"Now I usually only let my patients have five jellybeans, but because you're so adorable, I think you can have a handfull." He ended his sentence with a wink as he held the opened jar towards Louis' face.

Truthfully, he never let anyone eat the lollies; his patients were either too old, disgusting or unworthy. Both Harry and Luke watched as the younger boys face lit up, similar to a child on their birthday. He eventually chose ten jellybeans.

"Thank you," Louis smiled as he popped a pink bean into his mouth, loving the sweet flavour. "You are very welcome now tell me about yourself Louis..."

---

It had been three weeks, and Louis and Harry had been seeing Luke every second day. Both boys were jubilant with the therapy. Not only was it helping Louis open up, but it was supporting them as a couple.

Because of the therapy, Louis finally realised that what happened to him, was NOT his fault. Luke was helping him rebuild feelings of safety, trust, control and self-worth. It would take a long time, but Harry already saw an improvement.

Luke suggested that Louis writes a private journal, he supplied the latter with a locked book and pen - as much as Harry wanted to know what Louis wrote; he respected his personal space and quietly watched as Louis wrote down his thoughts each session.

Little did Harry know that he was the topic of Louis' latest journal entry.

=+=

Journal entry seven,

The incident happened four weeks ago, and I recognise that I have a long way to recovery; but, I feel more comfortable with physical contact now; I am proud of myself.

Harry is so supportive, it means the world to me.

I don't know where I would be without him. I can see how much he wants me to talk about my feelings regarding the incident to him alone, but I am not ready for that. I prefer to merely to hug him.

Hugging is something I am comfortable with now. I love the feeling of his arms wrapped around me; I feel supported and protected.

One thing I want to talk about, but don't know how to bring up, is the topic of our relationship. I want to be his official boyfriend, not just his boy.

I know everything will work out eventually.

End Journal entry

---

Harry and Louis were to walking to the therapy office for their session with Luke hand-in-hand. "Thank you for your support Hazzy," Louis said honestly.

"I don't need to be thanked baby boy; I should be the one to blame. I should have protected you better." Both boys stopped walking as they reached their destination. "No Haz, it wasn't your fault either... it was nobody's fault excpet.. except them."

Harry nodded. He knew Louis meant Andy and Jo; the smaller boy didn't feel comfortable saying their names yet.

"Let's go inside."

As Harry and Louis entered the large office, they were not expecting to see a particular person inside.

"What the fuck!"

---