Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five:

Two weeks had passed, and Louis had not heard anything about Harry.

The small boy begged the guards to tell him something; they felt sorry for him gently letting him know that they were just as clueless as he was.

Liam and Ash felt similar, neither of them were able to sleep soundly knowing that Harry could be dead. Louis constantly told them that they needed to think positively, that Harry was strong. He also claimed that 'if Harry were dead I would feel the loss, even as far away as we are.'

Liam and Ash were thankful for Louis' positive attitude; they knew how hard it was for him... for all of them.

---

In the hospital, Harry had gone through multiple operations to remove the bullet. Luckily the skilled doctors and surgeons were able to save the man's life successfully by removing one of his kidneys.

If Harry were conscious, he would probably joke about how he and Liam were now twinning; seeing as both men have only one of the organs. But, he wasn't able to joke around as he was in a coma, little did he know the entire two weeks he had been in asleep like state, that his sister had visited him every day.

One day later, Harry finally awoke from his short-term coma, the first thing he saw after his eyes had adjusted the bright light of the white hospital room was a rather familiar face.

Gemma.

"Oh my god Harry! You're awake; I have to get a nurse." Harry groaned having a hard time processing her voice; his scenes were extremely sensitive. Some of his vision was blurred, and noises seemed muffled.

But he could still recognise her voice and facial features.

A doctor came into the room, by that time his senses had returned to normal, the only thing wrong was the sharp pain in his abdomen. It was excruciating.

"Mr Styles. I need to go through some things with you." The doctor continued to ask him questions and tell him what had happened, but Harry found it hard to concentrate knowing his sister was sitting in the chair next to him.

---

Eventually, the doctor left leaving Harry and Gemma alone.

"Haz, I'm so glad you're okay. You gave me a huge fright." The girl launched herself at her older brother; hugging him tightly.

The curly haired individual groaned in pain but hugged back. "Oops. Sorry Harry." She released the said man before sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed.

"Why are you here Gemma?"

"You're hurt."

"But Gems. You never even visited me in prison... I-I thought you hated me."

She frowned before answering,

"I could never hate you Harry. I was so angry at the time, about you being stupid enough to join a mob and about what happened to Ashton. I was angry about so many things Haz... I-I have had a long time to think about it, and now I have learnt to forgive. You only have one year left of your sentence, but I opened a court case proposing you receive early parole."

It was Harry's turn to frown, green orbs filling with uneasiness.

"Gem, that sounds amazing, but I can't leave early. I-I have a boyfriend, and he is beautiful and innocent. I can't leave him in prison alone."

The anxious and fraught expression on Gemma's face scared Harry, "Gemma what's wrong?!"

"You have already been granted early parole, Harry. You're free Haz con-congratulations..." Gemma trailed off, mentally preparing for an outburst from the now ex-prisoner.

"What! Gemma! The doctor said I was only out for two fucking weeks, how did you win a court case that fucking fast!"

"Harry I -"

The man cut across his little sister; "No! I don't even care. Louis still has five fucking years in that hell and nobody to protect him and love him."

And after all, five years is a long time...

And many things could happen...