Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three:

Marcel gasped as he reached for his gun, only to notice that both his pockets were empty.

He turned to the small boy on the floor to see Louis holding the weapon with both hands, shakily pointing it towards him. Harry's mouth fell, not expecting a manoeuvre like that from his soon-to-be boyfriend.

 Harry's mouth fell, not expecting a manoeuvre like that from his soon-to-be boyfriend

You're already in for murder Louis. If you kill me, you will more than likely double your sentence."

The small boy gulped but didn't falter, continuing to hold the gun towards Marcel. Harry smirked, he was extremely proud of his boy. He took a step aside from the man at gunpoint before making his way over to Louis and carefully taking the gun from the small boy, using one hand to aim it at Marcel's head.

"I think this is where you put two hands in the air Marcy." It was now Harry's turn to mock the man.

"How does it feel that a 5,0." twink just got the better of you?" Harry chuckled to himself as Louis stood up, snuggling into the comfort of Harry's chest.

" twink just got the better of you?" Harry chuckled to himself as Louis stood up, snuggling into the comfort of Harry's chest

The curly haired man continued to point the gun at a tense Marcel as he wrapped one hand around Louis's petite waist.

"Louis." He turned to look at the innocent boy, "Go find Liam or Ash, you will be safe with them."

---

Louis didn't argue; he scurried out of the office searching for his two friends. He found them in the communal room.

"Li-Li?"

He had taken to calling Liam Li-Li as a nickname, and the puppy-faced individual found it adorable. "What's wrong babe? Where is Haz?"

"He-I-um... Something's wrong."

Both men perked up at the thought of their friend being in trouble. Louis crawled onto Ash's lap as he rubbed his eyes; he felt the need to cry, nothing seemed to have a positive outcome in jail.

"Lou what happened baby?"

Harry didn't mind that Liam and Ash used cute nicknames to address Louis, but if it were anyone else, they would be beaten until the couldn't walk.

"Two Harry's. Gun. Marcel. Not the therapist."

It was hard to understand an inarticulate Louis as he sobbed, but Liam wasn't dumb and could put what he heard together. He took off racing towards the therapist's office; leaving Ash to calm down a hysterical Louis.

---

Liam raced towards the office peeking through the small glass slit to see Harry on his knees, hands on his head as Marcel paced around him in circular motions. He watched as the man with gelled hair spoke while pacing, gun in hand. So Liam did the only thing he could think of, as much as he hated the idea.

He ran to Zayn for help.

---

Each second was precious.

As Liam bolted down the brick corridor towards Zayn's quarters; he needed someone who had access to a gun. Liam knew Marcel and the man isn't afraid to kill people who get in his way. The only way to fight someone with a gun, is with another gun.

He prayed that he wasn't too late as he arrived at Zayn's quarters, that he didn't hear that one lethal sound, the sound of a gunshot.

That's when it happened.

BANG.

It echoed throughout the whole prison.