Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four:

Liam pauses upon hearing the deafening sound.

"Oh shit." He whimpers, suddenly loud footsteps fill the silent corridor. Just the man he was looking for; Zayn.

"What's going on?" Zayn questions a shaking Liam.

"No time to explain, we need to put aside our difference. That was a gunshot, as much as you hate all of us, I know you wouldn't wish us dead. Please, Zayn get a gun, either Harry just shot Marcel or..."

Liam trailed off, and Zayn understood what he meant. The olive skinned man grumbled but promptly took his gun and ran after Liam; they ended up at the therapist's office. The first thing they noticed, was a pool of blood on the floor.

---

"Ash... was-was that a-a-gunshot?" Louis's eyebrows furrowed, and he had tears pooling in his eyes scared for Harry's health.

The stronger man knew he couldn't protect Louis in this situation; there was no way he could sugar coat what was just heard. It was a gunshot, period.

"Yes."

"Then come on Ash! We need to make sure Harry is okay."

As much as the man wished he could do that, he knew what the curly haired lad would want, "no Louis, Harry wouldn't want you anywhere near a person with a gun. He wouldn't want you in danger; you are safe here."

Louis didn't listen, he quickly pulled away from Ash and took off towards the therapist's office.

"Louis stop!"

Once again, Louis refused. So Ash took off after him, but both boys froze when they heard two more gunshots coming from the distance. This time, Ash left first; his priority on making sure Liam and Harry were safe, instead of Louis. The latter ran after him.

---

"Holy shit, holy shit holy shit! Fucking do something Zayn! Call a guard or an ambulance." If Liam was asked to describe his emotions at this moment; he doubts he could, he is even struggling to speak.

He walked into the room to see Harry lying on the floor, blood pouring from his bullet wound located near his kidney. The puppy-faced individual had raced over to his unconscious friend applying pressure on the wound leaving Zayn to deal with a smirking Marcel.

The guard had shot the twin twice in the skull; he was dead, but Harry was still fighting for life. Zayn had gone to call for an ambulance, leaving the three alone

Suddenly the door opened to welcome both Ash and Louis, "Harry!" The latter cried out racing towards his lover. He sobbed as he stroked the man's cold cheek, subsequently becoming covered in blood.

Ash remained in the doorway all colour drained from his face; all hope lost. "Fuck." He finally spoke, he stripped himself of his jumpsuit, moving to tie it to Harry's torso to help stop the bleeding... He was losing so much blood.

---

When the paramedics finally arrived, Louis was pulled off of Harry's body by Liam, the small boy cried and begged to be allowed to ride in the ambulance with his lover... but after all, he is a prisoner, and there is no escaping Jail.

Liam and Ash didn't comfort Louis like usual.

Nobody moved.

Nobody talked.

They all sat paralysed in the therapist's room, covered in Harry's blood as they cried, praying for a miracle.