Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

It had been a week since the incident, and Harry was beyond distressed about Louis's mental and physical condition.

He didn't eat. He didn't let Harry sleep in the same bed with him. He didn't talk. He didn't move. He didn't shower. He didn't let anyone hug him.

He just laid in bed, eyes blank and emotionless as he stared into space. Liam, Ash and Harry had tried to help him; they sought to get him to see to see the therapist, only to be pushed away. Harry tried whispering sweet nothings, only to receive no answer. The taller man tried to keep Louis warm at night by placing a blanket on him, only for Louis to scream.

So, Harry did the only thing he could think of; he called Louis' mum.

---

"Officer?"

"Yes, Styles?"

"I would like to use one of my remaining seven phone calls."

The guard eyed him suspiciously; Harry never called anyone.

"Okay, who to?"

"Johannah Deakin."

---

Harry was lucky that Louis had once mentioned his mother in a conversation, so he knew who she was and that the prison had Louis' records; thus they could find her number. The curly haired man had been given a piece of paper with a ten digit telephone number printed neatly on it by a guard - It was Johanna's.

So with butterflies in his stomach, and shaky hands, Harry slowly made his way to the phone booth and took hold of the plastic telephone before punching in the digits.

One ring...

Two rings...

Three rings...

Four - "Hello?"

"Hi-hi. Is this, Johanna Deakin?"

Harry was anxious and strained; how would you feel having to tell your boyfriend's mum that their son was nearly raped?

"Yes, and may I ask who is speaking?" Johanna spoke with such mettle; it didn't help Harry's nerves. "Um, my name is Harry Styles, I am a friend of Louis', we are cell mates. I am calling from prison..."

"Lou? Is he here? How is he?" She sounded so buoyant and excited.

Harry let a tear slip before speaking once more, "No. I-I think you need to come up here."

"What Henry? What happened to my son? Is he hurt?"

Harry didn't even bother correcting her. "No, I-I think it would be b-better if you come up to the prison, this isn't something I can tell you over the phone."

Johanna was now beyond worried, all excitement in her voice died. "I can't visit Louis for another three months. He has to have served at least five months before he is allowed, visitors."

Harry let out a loud sob at the thought of the abused boy, "Henry? Is everything okay?"

"Jus-just please come. Come as my visitor?"

There was a silent pause before he heard a small, "I'll be there tomorrow." Then the line went blank.

---

Harry walked back to Louis' cell thinking.

How would Johanna react?

How could she even help?

What would be Louis' future?

What would happen to their relationship?

As Harry walked back into his and Louis' cell, the first thing he noticed was that the said boy wasn't on his bed. Harry began to panic before he heard subdued choking noises coming from the bathroom.

Rushing into the room, Harry teared up at what he saw.

Louis was leaning over the sink, hand down his throat trying to forcefully, make himself vomit. Harry did the first thing he thought of; he grabbed the boys hand slowly pulling it out of his mouth and spinning Louis around so they were facing each other.

The two stared at each other in silence until Louis broke down. He latched onto the taller man as tears cascaded down his cheeks and sobs erupted from his mouth. Harry swiftly wrapped the smaller boy into a hug as he rocked them back and forth whispering comforting things.

"It is going to be okay baby; you are going to get through this."

"I love you so much Louis, so much sweetheart."

"Your so perfect baby so perfect."

"Such a brave boy, so strong."

"Daddy is here don't worry baby boy; I promise I am going to protect you."

For once, Louis spoke with a small croaky voice, "thank you." Harry didn't respond, simply hugged Louis tighter as he blinked away tears.