9.) I will always love you chapter: 9

I will always love you chapter: 9

Michael POV

I tried to slide that in at the end so that she wouldn't notice, but mother, just like my sisters, has a good ear for that kind of stuff. Her eyes widened.

"She invited you! Oh... oh my, how times have changed! She likes you, there's no doubt about that!" I became embarrassed and I didn't want mother to know that I liked Kalyani. My sisters would tease and that would be the end of me.

"I don't know if I'm going to go." I said, trying to seem nonchalant about the subject.

"Oh no Michael, you must go! She has extended an offer to you and gone out on a limb. It would only be courteous to accept. My boy, getting to know a good girl! I'm excited..." As mother went on I thought about what I would wear, jeans, slacks? Probably jeans because it is casual; but my thoughts were interrupted by a snarling bellow,

"Michael! WHERE ARE YOU!" Dear lord it's my father. I knew it. Those 'few minutes' I was supposed to spend at their house turned out to be over 2 hours! Now I would have to deal with him.

"I'm here, in the kitchen with mother!" I heard footsteps coming fast and then saw my father's burly figure barrel into the room.

"Boy, where have you been? I told all of you, be ready for practice! You know what we have this week?!?" He said all of this incredulously, and if I wasn't scared I would have rolled my eyes.

"No, Joseph, what?"

"We have 2 show appearances, 1 Motown concert, and next week is packed as well- boy are you paying attention? Aw I ought to whip your tail! Get up stairs-"

"That's quite enough, Joe," Mother said.