98.) I Will Always Love You Chapter: 98 Continuation

September 17, 1975

Michael POV

Manila, Phillipines

1:33 AM

"No, I'm exhausted. I gotta get back upstairs and call her before I go to sleep."

"You're gonna miss out. They haven't even released it yet!"

"I know man, I know..."

"This doesn't just happen for anybody. We get to test out the game! 'Colossal Cave Adventure' will be released with our blessing."

"Randy, I get it. I just can't do it all right now."

"Priorities. Y'all ain't married so why are you acting like it? I'm going to be in the ballroom with everyone else if you come to your senses. By the way, they have a huge pinball machine, too."

Randy gave a pointed look before he shut the door behind himself. Brothers are a blessing because they know you so well, but they can be butts for the same reason. He knew my weaknesses.

I want to call her since she would probably be up by now, but I do want to check out the game.

I decided to see what the big deal was in the ballroom for no more than 10 minutes then talk to her for about 30, shower and be ready for bed by 2:30 so I could get some sleep.

********

The night was a blur. I only remember getting back to the room and falling to sleep immediately. The game was cool and the arcade and pinball machine was groovy. I woke up at 12 noon to my brothers snoring. Marlon was already awake, eating cereal, laying on the sofa, and watching T.V. I stretched out and knocked over a note that was placed next to my pillow. It read,

You got a call at 10 A.M. today from Bina. She is about to go on stage but she didn't want me to wake you. She'll be done in a couple of hours. She said you could call the dressing room: 

832 - 4793

-Marlon

I had the operator on the phone before the note fully left my fingers. I counted each ring, 8, waiting with my muscles tense before a sweet voice picked up.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Barbara?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, it's Michael. How are you?"

"Michael, dear! I am very well, thank you. I just —" There was a muffled voice in the background, cutting Ms. Barbara off. There was a barely audible gasp as the phone was handed over and then I heard,

"Finally!" I could place that voice anywhere, it was Bina.

"Hi, darling."  I said to her, finally allowing my muscles to relax, hearing her voice.

"Hi..." It was hard to determine her tone. She sounded happy to talk to me but also irritated or sad. I felt like crap. This was not the first time that I didn't call her when I said I would and I couldn't stand letting her down again, especially since this night was so important to her.

"I apologize for calling so late." 

"It's okay." I knew it wasn't, but I knew that she didn't want to be mad at me. Honestly, it would've made me feel better if she was, but she is so forgiving. It just makes it harder to face her.