Chapter Fifty Nine

Felix followed Jack inside the house closely, unsure if Mark took the time to conduct a plan to murder him and hold Jack in the basement. He had to admit the stench of cigarettes coming from his friend was strong and could only hope it didn't anger Mark. He was terrified of him by this point, even though he helped with one of the murders, he witnessed Mark at full force and it struck more fear through him than he thought was ever possible. He wasn't even this afraid when he was buried alive.

"Jack," Mark breathed right as he saw him and walked up to him carefully, as though afraid he'd scare him away. "Can we sit down together and talk? Please?"

"As long as Felix stays," Jack shot back instantly, letting Mark know he didn't fully trust him.

"Okay. I promise I'm not going to... hurt you, or anything," Mark promised, but Jack just nodded, following Mark to the living room. Felix sat down next to Jack on the couch, as Mark took the oversized chair. They stared at one another for a few moments, the silence becoming unbearable.

"Okay, so talk," Jack urged him, clearly becoming antsy the longer he sat in one place. The nervousness within him was obvious, as he repeatedly moved his leg up and down.

"Ever since you came here, it's been absolutely crazy, and I'm sorry. I want things to be normal, I miss who we were, the only thing I wouldn't change is getting together with you. I know the things I did were unforgivable and that if there's a Hell, that's where I'm headed at this point, but I did it all for you. That's not what you want to hear, I know, it probably just breaks you into pieces hearing I killed people because I love you, but you're not to blame, I swear. I'm willing to change back to who I was - the Mark I used to be, not Dark, this monster I've become. I'll do anything to keep you with me."

"How can I trust that? You know, even if we make it through this, there'll still be bumps in the road. The universe is unpredictable. If someone hits me again, or tries to, are you going to torture them? If someone tries to flirt with me, am I going to find out they're dead the next day? If I show you Ireland, will you go off and kill people I haven't talked to in years, just because I've been intimate with them?"

"No, not if it means I can't see you ever again. I love you, Sean, and I always have. I was thinking about moving into a cabin with you, getting that dog, and live out our years there, get back into YouTube... Keep me from hurting people. Wade suggested I keep trying to get help, and I will, whether or not you're there by my side."

"How can I get over the fact that you've killed people? I love you, Mark, of course I still do. The feelings don't just go away, but I'll blame myself everyday for the rest of my life for the people who've died. I'd rather you abuse me than hurt another soul, at least then, I'm the only one getting hurt," Jack teared up as he talked, clearly struggling to find the right words to say.

"Don't take that as an invite to hurt him," Felix pitched in, earning a glare from Mark.

"I would never hurt-"

"You always say that, Mark! But can't you see you already have?" Jack interrupted, his voice clearly portraying the distress he was feeling. "Maybe you haven't hurt me like Eli did, but you really fucked up my head and at one point, I wondered how to off myself before you could if you snapped."

"Jack, don't say that. Sweetheart, I love you more than I could ever describe and you need to know that. Remember who I used to be? That's who I wish I was now. That guy who could find anything to be passionate about, yearned to make other people happy - I miss who I was and I'll work everyday to get back to that, but I don't think I can do it without you," Mark's deep voice sounded a bit lighter than it had. It sounded more like Mark. Felix also noticed how Jack seemed to melt at the familiar nickname. "I just want to be with you, have fun with our lives, be happy. I've been worrying about nothing since the beginning and with help, I know I can be normal again."

"Can you? Really? How can I put my faith in you when you've broken my trust?"

"I don't expect us to fall back in place instantly. I'm willing to work towards it though and I'll seriously do anything to get you back," Mark swore and Jack fell silent. Felix wasn't sure what to think at this point. He, himself, was able to get passed Mark's murderers, considering he was there himself, but the things he said about Jack after killing Chuck was the only thing keeping him from rooting for the couple.

"I want to stay with you, Mark... I really do, I love you, I'll always love you. It's just hard to let myself continue to love you when I'm afraid... of you," He muttered the last bit softly, as if ashamed to admit it.

"I understand, Jack, but I'll never hurt you and this time I mean it," His voice softened and he took Jack's hand, who seemed a bit startled.

"Your hands are warm," He noted.

"Yes," Mark chuckled lightly.

"They used to be so cold all the time..." Jack recalled and Mark's eyebrows scrunched together. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, I'll stay by your side," Jack smiled and Mark grinned brightly, getting out of his chair and practically jumping on Jack, hugging him tightly, before pulling away and kissing his forehead, cheek, nose, and eventually lips. "Down, doggo! Down!"

"I love you," Mark hummed, finally letting off Jack.

"I love you too, Markimoo. Kisses?"

"Kisses."