Chapter Thirty Eight

"Look at me," I said lowly, Eli ignoring me, starring down at his bleeding leg, which had bled through the jeans he was wearing. I sighed and went over to the table, coming back soon after. I wrapped a strap around his throat, knotting it at the front and taking two opposing bi-pronged forks and having them protrude out of the center of the knot, forcing Eli to look up and keep his head that way, in risk of having the metal push through his skin. "Disrespect me and I'll leave you this way for a week, only to come back and force your head down."

"W-Why?" Eli choked out, his eyes trying to see the forks just piercing his skin. I went back to the table and sighed.

"Shouldn't have told Felix to go... Could've lent me a hand," I looked at Eli and smiled kindly to throw him off. It's beyond me why he thought hitting Jack was a good idea. He had no idea what the hell was in store for him. "This is called Heretics Fork. If you look down, fall asleep, become too exhausted... the prongs will stab you in your throat and chest. It's a very interesting method, if you ask me."

"Does Jack know you're a fucking sadist?" Eli's breathing was ragged, but he managed to force out the question. I grinned and shook my head. "You gonna hurt him too?"

"Why does everyone keep asking that? I would never hurt Jack," I insisted and went back to the table again, shaking my head as I looked for something to make him pay for thinking that. He should really watch his mouth. I grabbed a pair of scissors. Basic, but they'd work. I went up to him and forced his mouth open, his chin brushing up against the fork, making him gasp. I forced his tongue out of his mouth and stuck it between the scissors, beginning to cut down. "You should've watched your mouth. You're lucky I'd like someone to talk to while we're doing this, or else your entire jaw would be gone. Now you'll be what you truly are - a conniving snake."

I sliced down and he screamed as his tongue was cut in two. I threw the scissors across the room, as I'd rather use something more interesting. I stepped up to my table, grabbing something I had prepared beforehand. I approached Eli, watching his eyes widen.

"A beloved classic, the chain whip. Better not move your head," I grinned and slapped the chains down on his skin. He cried out and I noticed the pained tears streaking dow his face as he screamed. He had blood dripping out of his mouth and I paused, my finger running along the side of his mouth. "You know, Jack's lip was bleeding after you hit him."

"Seriously? Shit... He must hate me," Eli breathed out, clearly trying not to panic. "Please... Just let me go."

"You thought you were getting out of this alive?" I went to remove the strap on his neck, figuring I could give him a bit of a break, considering things were about to get much worse.

"Please... Do I really deserve this? I hit him, you're torturing me. You seriously need to get him off that goddamn pedestal you put him on, he won't always be able to live up to your insane expectations. What do you expect of him? Who do you think he is? No one fucking tortures a person for someone they claim to love," Eli spat blood at me. I admired my handy work, seeing his arm was slashed open from the whip, a scar coming in on his cheek, where one of the chains roamed and nicked him.

"Yes, you deserve this. You continue to prove you do. For example," I huffed and went in close to his face. "Did you like the fact that Jack was way younger than you?"

"Stop," Eli snapped angrily and I sighed, knowing that meant yes. I shook my head at him and fired another question.

"Did you ever actually love him or was it all just an act because you liked having someone so young? Was your ex husband just not young enough? Did you expect something out of Jack when you came here today?"

"Shut up! I did love him and yes, maybe I was hoping something out of this visit, but what I was hoping for was to rekindle our goddamn relationship! Good thing too, because if I make it out of here alive, there's not a chance in hell Jack is staying here another day," Eli threatened, good thing I wasn't planning on letting him leave. I was about to mock him, when my phone rang. I picked it up and sighed, seeing it was Felix, but I did want some updates on Jack, so I answered.

"Hello?"

"Mark, Jack is in the bathroom right now at this restaurant and wants to come home. You better wrap up whatever you're doing. I don't want to keep him out for so long anyway, he looks tired," Felix sighed and I looked to Eli, who seemed to be hearing our conversation, as he appeared to be attentive and went silent.

"Did he hear anything?"

"No, he told me he had his headphones on after you left him after I asked if he heard us yelling at Eli," Felix explained, I was thankful he didn't ask Jack something more specific. I didn't want him to know what I was turning into - I was already becoming someone else. We all were, but it was best to be ignorant.

"Okay, give me... maybe ten extra minutes?" I suggested, before hanging up without giving an answer. I went for a knife on the table, seeing Eli's eyes light up in fear, blood still dripping out of his mouth. "Well, Eli, looks like this is the end. Anything you'd like to say?"

"Fuck you! Please don't do this, please! Jack would never forgive you! You can't do this!" He began to cry, sobs rising out of his throat. "I-I love Jack, I swear to God, I never meant anything."

"God won't help you," I muttered before slamming the knife deep into his chest. He went stiff, his breath caught in his throat as he was struggling to breathe. I sighed and watched as more crimson blood began pouring out of him. I tore the knife out of him, lodging it into the hand he used to hit Jack with. "If there's a Hell, I'll see you there."

With that, I slipped a gag in his mouth and left the basement to let him bleed out. I'd take care of the body later.