Chapter Sixteen

A/N: I hope the way my point of views change isn't sloppy, I apologize for changing it so often! The only points of views you'll ever see throughout the story is first person Jack, first person Mark, and third person Felix, so I hope that clears anything up - I feel like it's a bit confusing.

Also, I've been posting about two chapters a day and while I still have a ton of inspiration, I was wondering if you prefer it this way, or should I upload one chapter a day that's around 2,000 words? (Considering all of the chapters so far are around 1,000 words) I'd love to hear your opinion! It just depends on if you enjoy having the points of views change fast or if you'd rather hear from the same character for longer. I kinda prefer the way it is now, as I don't feel pressured to update long chapters fast, but it's whatever you guys want to see!:)

(Special thanks to @PsychoGenius, @Slenderboy152, @galacticweirdo, @mariesoldier, @MentalMonday1,@TheQueenOfCakes123, @Randomness07734, @CarriePeiffer, @Emily_Pokemon_Hunter, @MaDHannah, @KemeikoGames_ItOut, @Durndipoof, and @Jazziii_browneee for leaving comments on the story so far - it truly lets me know people are there, reading, and are interested in this story and my efforts aren't for nothing. So, thank you all again! And yes, I went through the entire story and physically typed all your names because I love you.<3)

(Also, by the end, you're probably thinking Jack x Felix, but that will not be happening in this story! c:)

~

Felix sighed in the hospital bed, scowling slightly at the officer for not believing what happened between him, Mark, and Jack. He was itching to get out of the building and run back to his friend and protect him, not sure what Mark was going to do. The paranoia was starting to get to him as he picked up his new phone, scrolling down to Jack's contact information and hesitating over the call button. 

With a heavy sigh, he pressed it and held the phone up to his ear, eyeing the IV sticking out of his arm. The blood tests would come in the morning and once it backs Felix's story, the officers would obtain Mark and it would go from there - that is, if Mark doesn't flee first, taking Jack with him. The thought causes him to tremble slightly, impatiently hoping Jack would answer the phone.

"Hello?" The chirpy Irish accent echoed through the line, bringing relief upon the YouTuber, who settled back down on the bed a bit, shifting slightly to get more comfortable. He wanted to keep tabs on Jack all night. 

"Thank God you're okay! How are you doing?" He asked softly, not wanting to overwhelm his friend in case he was stressing, but his greeting was a bit too normal for his liking. He wondered for a moment if Mark brainwashed him, but quickly shook the crazy thought away. He was starting to see Mark as a monster, rather than someone who was once his friend. Even when Mark was beating him, Felix couldn't help the trust he felt, but that was in the moment. Now that he's free, he realizes just how wrong the situation truly is. 

"I'm fine, you?" Jack said happily, a smile easily detected, though unseen to Felix, who wondered how Jack was so natural in a time like this. There was no way for him to know exactly what was going through his head, but he wanted to try to understand. 

"I'm just worrying about you. The blood test results should be back in the morning, just so you know. The police will come back probably tomorrow afternoon to take Mark," He explained, biting his bottom lip. 

"Felix... The cops aren't coming. Mark would never have hurt you-"

"What the hell are you talking about?! You dug me out of the ground, Sean! You can't tell me you don't trust your own eyes!" He couldn't help lashing out, but quickly caught his breath, knowing he needed to protect Jack, not push him away. "You're just stressed and you're trying to find a way for this situation to not exist at all. Jack, you have to be honest with yourself."

"You're the one to talk. Look, whatever happened to you, I know it was probably the worst thing you've ever been through, I know it's hard hearing the truth, but it couldn't have been Mark. I get that me denying what you're so sure of is tough, but it'll all be okay," Jack tried to comfort Felix, though it did nothing, considering Felix believed Jack was the one who needed to be soothed. 

"You let that goddamn cop get inside your head, didn't you?! Sean, you're alone in a house with Mark, who wants to keep you for himself and you're letting some stupid asshole get to you? That officer wasn't there, you were. You saw him try to kill me, you can't honestly say that he's innocent."

"Maybe he knew you weren't in the crate anymore," Jack tried, going back to the denial state he started off with. Felix could practically feel the Irishman slipping through his fingers and falling into Mark's grasp. 

"Jack, please. I don't want to come over there tomorrow, just to find out you've gone missing. What if I never get to see you again? You're one of my best friends and I can't imagine my life without you, Sean. I need you to be careful and to be safe. I don't care if you don't give two shits about yourself, because that's what it's starting to sound like, but I care about you and I'd blame myself for the rest of my life if you vanished," Felix finally got out what he wanted to say, his eyes brimming with tears as he tried to get through to his friend. It felt like the two were hanging off a cliff and Jack's only support was Felix, but he was just letting go, because Mark was sitting at the bottom, telling him to do it. "Don't listen to Mark, listen to me. Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you, Felix... but I also trust Mark and it's just hard," Jack's voice quivered and Felix sighed, feeling as though he was finally getting through to him.

"Remember when I gave you a shout-out and everyone thought you blew up because of me?"

"Of course," Jack giggled slightly.

"It wasn't me, it's impossible for an account to get so far off of one shout-out. It was all you, Jack. I noticed you had potential in you and I could see the world behind your eyes - no homo," Felix added with a chuckle, smiling brightly as he remembered his thoughts when he first found Jack's account before continuing, "I saw you and knew you'd get what you were aiming for. There's something special about you, something everyone loves. I noticed, Mark noticed... Everyone's who's ever given you a chance has seen it and you have a dedicated army behind you, willing to throw themselves away for you, because we all love you. What would we do if you suddenly went missing? The loss, loneliness, hurt... the world would suffer without you."

"I think you give me too much credit," Jack said softly, clearly not believing a word Felix was saying.

"Actually, I don't think I'm giving you enough. There's no right words to say that would describe any of this. If you let Mark take you away, I don't know anyone that'd be able to move past that. I feel like the entire world would be a darker place without you. Mark's selfish for trying to take away a light that shines so brightly."

"Felix, you can't be serious. Even if Mark was exactly what you think he is, the world would move on - I'd want it to."

"Maybe I'm just saying that because my world would stop without you in it. You have this radiant personality, Jack, and it's full of love and happiness, it's unlike any other. Once you've had a taste of that, you can't let go. I wouldn't be able to move on, Jack... I'd stop making videos, probably become insanely depressed, lose my mind entirely... I wouldn't sleep, eat, live without you. I've gotten to know you as a person and that person is someone I love so dearly. I can't lose you, Jack. You can't let Mark take you."

"I... I won't," Jack's voice cracked, Felix figuring he was tearing up, just as he himself was. 

"You're my best friend, Jack. I know a lot of people, but none compare to you," Felix ran a hand through his hair. "Will you stay on the phone with me for the night?"

"Sure," Jack nearly whispered, clearly moved by all the kind words Felix had to say. No matter how mean the two could be towards each other occasionally - though it was all for shits and giggles - it meant nothing in comparison to the support they had for one another.