Chapter Thirteen

I felt awful lying to Wade, but it needed to be done. We all headed back to my house, talking about movies we were going to watch tonight and games we wanted to play. Jack seemed unusually quiet, to my surprise. I wondered why he wasn't being his usual loud self. Maybe we both have changed.

Bob and Jack were hanging out in the kitchen, the ping setting off in my stomach again. I frowned, seeing the two wearing serious faces. I snuck closer to them, being able to eavesdrop on their conversation. Wade gave me a curious glance, but I gestured for him to remain where he was.

"Do you know what time the cops are coming?" Bob asked, Jack shaking his head. I felt myself come to a complete standstill upon hearing that. "Can you explain to me exactly how Felix is alive and Mark doesn't know? Are you sure he's alive?"

"Mark buried him in this crate and had this pole sticking out of the ground that got air to Felix. I heard him screaming last night and found out he was buried and dug him up. We buried the crate and this morning, Mark shoved a shirt down the pipe, which would've suffocated Felix if I hadn't found him," Jack explained and the ping flooded throughout my body, hearing not only was Felix alive, he spent time with Jack and presumably slept in his room. I could feel the burning sensation flowing all the way throughout my body, it was intense and painful even.

I managed to stay quiet as I made my way back to Wade, grabbing his arm, making him yelp at how hard I accidentally squeezed it. I yanked him outside, slamming the door behind me - silently hoping Jack and Bob didn't think much of it. I pushed Wade in front of me, though he was so much taller than I am. He seemed surprised, but still in pain as I haven't let go of his arm.

"Felix is alive," I snapped at him, seeing the shock, yet relief, overwhelm his features. "He's bringing the cops here tonight."

"Should we flake?" Wade asked, I shook my head.

"I can't leave Jack behind. I wanted him to come here because it's too hard having him in Ireland. I wasn't planning on letting him go back," I sighed, clutching my stomach, where the heart of the burning sensation was located. "When the cops come, I'm not sure what to do."

"...You could grab Jack and I could try and take Bob, as like hostages or something..." Wade suggested and I smiled at him, which probably looked sinister, considering the scared look on Wade's face.

"I've never heard a more brilliant idea come out of your mouth," I grinned. "But we need more than that. I'm not going to jail. Felix isn't even dead, we can cover up the evidence and if push comes to shove, we have plan B - hostages."

"This is beyond us, Mark. It's insane. We're just a couple of dumb YouTubers and now we're taking hostages, attempting murder, being an accessory? What are we even doing? You can give up now, Mark. With some luck, maybe Felix won't press charges," Wade tried to change my mind, but I wasn't having any of it - as I shook my head in response. "Why are you even doing this? You said you love Jack, but if you loved him, wouldn't you want him to be happy?"

"I want him safe," I countered, but sighed again. "I never wanted this to happen, but I get this burning sensation in my stomach whenever I get jealous. It's like a ping and there's no way of turning it off, unless I'm touching Jack or I know he's away from everyone else. It's become so agonizing, I can feel it all over me now. It physically burns."

"You're doing this because of the ping?" Wade asked slowly, trying to confirm what I was saying and understand. I nodded.

"It's painful and Felix was making it worse," I frowned, feeling the sensations still overwhelming me. It wasn't completely unbearable, but it was enough to make me physically worn and my stomach cramping. "If I'm away from Jack, it's going to tear me apart."

"I get it, Mark. I know it's not the right thing to do, but I'm with you," Wade patted my back and I gave him a small, but thankful smile.

"This is still terrifying, we're betraying our friends and just... I'm not used to being this type of person."

"It'll all go over well. Jack hasn't done anything too rash yet, maybe he won't be too beat up by the end of this," Wade tried comforting me, but that wasn't at all what I wanted to hear.

"I don't want him beat up at all. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I just acted on my goddamn anger and jealousy and now I'm stuck in this impossible situation and I took Jack down with me."

"It'll be alright, no matter what happens, know you'll always have me."

"But I want Jack," I smirked, laughing when I saw his expression at that. "Thank you, Wade, you're giving me a bit of my sanity back."

"Good, you need it," He chuckled and gave me a brief hug. "You mentioned evidence? Get rid of everything and I'll keep Jack and Bob busy."

The ping erupted sharply my stomach, sending a shooting pain all the way through my body, at him mentioning Jack. I nodded nevertheless and watched him go back inside before I headed to the backyard. I started digging up the crate, wondering where I should put it after I hoisted it out of the ground. It was heavy, but it was easier digging it up than burying it with Felix inside.

I went to my garage and grabbed a packet of seeds, heading back to the hold. I put a majority of the dirt back, but planted the seeds before covering it up completely, grabbing a watering can to complete it, putting it near the dug up dirt. I noticed most of the windows were closed and covered by curtains, I thanked Wade silently for that as I tugged the crate towards the truck I owned. I went back for the pole and anything else I'd need. I hoped it'd be enough as I drove away, not wanting to make the situation worse.

There might actually be a chance to get out of this.