Chapter Forty One

A/N: More author notes, so sorry. I just wanted to apologized if this chapter seems rushed. I'm trying to get as many chapters ready as possible before my trip (which I should be on by the time this comes out) :O

~

Felix made his way into Mark's bedroom, seeing Jack had pulled on a pair of pajama pants and one of Mark's shirts. He smiled and went up to him, hugging Jack tightly, as if silently assuring him Felix would always be there to help and just wanted to see him happy. Jack gave him a small smile, while yawning and stretching.

"Sorry if Mark and I... bothered you at all last night," Jack giggled lightly.

"Oh, don't worry about it - just try to keep it down if you're going to do that again when I'm here," Felix laughed. "Do you want to go shopping today? We could pick you up some new clothes, get something to eat, maybe see a movie... Just hang out? Mark said he wanted to clean up the house - or just record some videos. I'm not sure, but I though just sitting around, waiting for him, sounded boring."

"Sure thing," Jack smiled and left the room, heading for the bathroom to get ready for the day.

~

"So, you seem to be feeling better," Felix noted as they drove around, trying to decide what to do first.

"You do too. Maybe I just really needed last night - not just the... closeness... with Mark, but maybe I needed some sense knocked into me," Jack thought aloud, startling Felix. He wanted to disagree, but needed to refrain from arguing. If Jack and him had a falling out, Mark wouldn't be able to take care of Eli.

"Hmm," Was all Felix could let out, trying not to start anything.

"Did Mark beat up Eli or hit him?" Jack asked out of no where and Felix's teeth tugged at his bottom lip.

"No, he just dropped him off at the hotel. I was talking about it with him this morning. Why do you ask?" Felix said casually, glancing over to see the concerned look on Jack's face.

"He said Eli attacked him, so he hit back. His knuckles were bruised," Jack explained and Felix suddenly knew he seriously fucked up.

"O-Oh, maybe it just slipped his mind... Who wants to think about something like that anyway, right?"

"I suppose..." Jack trailed, probably only accepting Felix's excuse because he wanted to believe it. He didn't want to think anything was going on behind his back. "Do you know if Bob and Wade are still around? I keep forgetting to talk to them, I doubt they've stayed this long though."

"No clue, try calling one of them," Felix suggested and Jack nodded, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Hey, Bob!... Oh, we're fine... Are you still in California?.... Seriously? Geez, haven't you run out of clothes to wear or something?... I suppose," Jack chuckled at something Bob must've said. "Yeah! Felix and I are still here... Sure thing, meet at the Starbucks closest to Mark's place? I've been seriously craving some coffee... Okay, see you there!"

"So, to Starbucks?" Felix asked, glancing over to see Jack nodding. "I'm surprised they stuck around."

"Me too, but at least we get to see them again and keep them up to date," Jack smiled as Felix drove into the Starbuck's parking lot.

"Time to be basic bitches," Felix smirked, getting out of the car, immediately noticing Bob and Wade near the entrance. "How in the hell did they get here before us?"

"No clue," Jack laughed and the two stepped up to their friends. "Hey, guys! How'd you get here so fast?"

"We were already driving by, we wanted to stop by Mark's and check in, it's been too long since we've talked with any of you. I don't know about Wade, but I've been worrying my ass off over you guys," Bob chuckled and went to hug Jack, then Felix. "Let's head inside, you guys owe us an update."

"Will do," Felix smiled and followed the group inside, immediately taking a seat and looking at Wade, who sighed.

"Fine, I'll order for us. What do you guys want?" Wade asked, getting out of his seat.

"Just get me a black coffee," Jack requested, Wade nodded, it being simple enough to remember.

"I'll take a tea - any kind will do," Felix decided, not really caring about what he was getting, it wasn't his main concern. He was afraid of telling Bob and Wade too much, knowing Bob might end up thinking into it and figuring out that Mark's been killing people and Felix helped with the last one.

"Anything with caffeine," Bob shrugged him off, Wade walking away. He couldn't mess up items so vague.

"So, I guess I should tell you... Mark and I are together-"

"Wait, what?!" Bob interrupted Jack, eyes wide. "Are you forgetting he tried to kill Felix?"

"It's water under the bridge," Felix chipped in, wanting to keep Bob as far away from the truth as possible. "We've been having our ups and downs, but it's getting better."

"Well... that's basically it. Everything else is insignificant. Just know that Mark is getting the help he needs to get better, he's not in any trouble, and everything is alright," Jack smiled, as if to support what he was saying. Wade came back with their drinks, passing them to everyone, who had a puzzled look on their face. "What..."

"Oh... wait... you didn't want a carmel macchiato... oops," Wade shrugged, though Felix didn't miss the smirk on his face. He knew Wade only got Jack the wrong thing to mess with him, it was just something Wade liked to do. "So, what did I miss?"

"Everything," Felix laughed, watching Wade groan in distaste. Wade started to drink his beverage.

"Mark and Jack are together," Bob said, Wade suddenly spitting the drink out of his mouth, spraying it all over Jack, who was sitting across from him.

"Are you serious?!" Wade gaped at Bob, as Felix handed Jack a napkin, who was roughly scrubbing at his face - trying to get the spit and drink off of him.

"Yup," Bob just laughed, eyeing Wade's obvious shock.

"I really did miss everything."

"You didn't miss Jack getting sprayed by your drink!" Felix laughed as Wade seemed to suddenly realize what he did, looking at Jack.

"Damn it! I missed that too!"