Chapter Forty Nine

A/N: Okay, so I should be on my way home when this comes up if I can get this done on time!! That is, if I can find a way to post it... IF THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY GODDAMNIT

anywhore, let's check out this shit- (ps, sorry for so many time skips oops)

~

Felix sighed as the intercom told block A to wake up. They've survived half of the week so far in the facility, though only Felix was excited for Sunday, when he'd be released. His progress was still on track and he was taking the medication necessary to help soothe his nerves. He noticed Mark had been pretending to swallow the pills, skillfully hiding them in his mouth while they checked it, before spitting them out. He told Felix that he wasn't going to take the wrong medication - considering they technically hadn't diagnosed him yet.

The first half of the week was spent getting used to how the facility works. The trio had it under control at this point, but the wild card of the place was the people. They never knew how to deal with people acting out randomly, especially if it's directed towards them. The same guy who kissed Felix on the first day would constantly follow him and try to start up a strange conversation - which was different everyday.

"Hey, gorgeous. Wanna share an apple under the basketball hoop outside?" The guy nudged Felix, who groaned in annoyance. He had just stepped out of the room, headed for the cafeteria for breakfast.

"No, Crank, I'm good," Felix used the guy's nickname he heard someone call him a couple days ago. Apparently, he used to abuse drugs, which messed up his head, but he never took offense to the nickname, he seemed to love it.

"Oh, sweetheart, we could-"

"Sorry, bro. No-can-do, I have a girlfriend," Felix tried this everyday, but nothing ever worked.

"I have a girlfriend too, her name is Suzy, she's from Canada," Crank smiled, but Felix rolled his eyes. "But I'm all of the sexualities and we have an open relationship and you're one hot cookie."

"Did someone say cookie?!" Felix heard Jack scream down the hall, running up to them and crashing into Felix, Mark trying to keep up. Jack had been getting much better after taking his medication and being able to record again. They hadn't posted any of the videos yet - not having time to edit, but the facility set up a room for the three of them to record in and he took it up whenever he could.

"Jack, how many times do I have to tell you? We don't eat other people's cookies! You remember why?" Mark asked in an authoritative tone.

"Because they could be poisoned and Mark will go on a killing rampage if I died, yeah, yeah," Jack rolled his eyes, giggling. He still had his moments where he'd suddenly grow sad, but those moments had already grown lesser and more spaced out. Felix was shocked Jack could overcome this so fast, but apparently he's known deep down he's always been depressed, so he figured he's done this before - but probably not to this extent.

"Hi! I'm Crank, you're Jack and you're Mark! I love you," Crank smiled and kissed them both on the cheek, though Felix immediately shoved him away from Jack, knowing it would anger Mark. Jack didn't seem to notice and smiled, going back to his oblivious self.

"I love you too!" Jack grinned, going up to the ex-drug addict and hugging him. He was always great with the other patients, he was able to talk to any of them with ease and nurses loved him for his ability to bring a smile to any of their faces. Of course, Mark was constantly jealous and couldn't wait to get out of there, so he could have Jack to himself, but he couldn't say anything, knowing he couldn't lash out here or else he'd have to stay longer.

"Felix is very pretty, may I kiss him?" Crank asked Jack, who nodded, devilishly giggling as he watched Crank rush up to Felix and smack his lips on his. Felix immediately pulled away, groaning.

"Last call - Block A to breakfast. Again, Block A to breakfast," The intercom spoke and Felix took the opportunity to get away from Crank, by grabbing Mark and Jack and pulling them along. They jumped into the line, grabbing their plates, and watching as the workers scooped up their food and plopped it onto their plate. They passed through and went to sit at the far-back table.

"He seems to really like you," Jack smiled at Felix, who sighed, nodding, but couldn't help grinning at the fact that they seemed to have the old Jack back. Mark seemed ecstatic about it, but was struggling not to show it.

"I don't like him - I love him!" Crank plopped down next to Felix, smirking, and going in to kiss his cheek, but Felix put a hand to his lips and pushed his head away.

"Buddy, I know you said you have an open-relationship, but I don't," Felix tried to explain, but Crank just smiled.

"I was lying about having a girlfriend, so you must've been too!" He decided and Felix groaned loudly.

"Crank? I know you love Felix, but he's leaving in a couple of days. I don't want to see you get hurt, so maybe it's best if you just let him go. He probably loves you too, but is afraid of getting both of you hurt when he leaves. Don't you think it's best to have a little pain now, rather than a lot of pain later?" Jack talked to him softly, watching as Crank slowly nodded.

"Yes. You're right. I'd say rather to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, but my feelings are too deep. It's beyond love, you're very right. Thank you, Jack," Crank went to hug him before leaving the table. Felix stared wide-eyed at Jack.

"Holy- I've been trying to do that all week! You are brilliant, you green bean!" Felix grinned brightly and relaxed in his chair, scooping with his fork what seemed to be scrambled eggs, glad the rest of his stay should go over peacefully.