Chapter Twenty Four

A/N: Just saying, I've started another Septiplier story that I'll be publishing once this one is done c; Also, I'm curious, who's your favorite 'character' so far in this story?(Totally am not planning on ruining your fav forever... NYEH HEH HEH - Undertale? No? Oh.) (Also, I keep forgetting to mention this, but they both do not have girlfriends in this story - as if you didn't notice lol)

~

I sighed, waking up in Mark's bed, cuddling with one of his flannels. I tossed my legs over to the side of the bed, getting up, and walking to his dresser. I found one of his shirts, which was plain black and perfect. I slipped it on, noticing it was a bit baggy on me, but all it did was remind me more and more of Mark and the fact that he isn't here. 

Even when I was living alone in Ireland, it never felt quite this lonely. Being away from YouTube only made it worse. I told Mark I was going to record, but once I had sat down, I just didn't have it in me. My voice echoing throughout the house was a continuous reminder that this was not my home and no one was here. At least back at my apartment, it felt like my own. This place reeked of Mark, and while in ordinary circumstances, it wouldn't be a bad thing, but it just kept shoving our current situation in my face, being a constant abomination to my mind and heart, it was slowly tearing me apart.

Normally, I'd laugh off any negative situation and straighten myself out, but this wasn't a typical issue anyone would face. I witnessed the dark side to someone I now call my significant other and watched him attempt to murder one of my closest friends. I feel insane for loving him, but something is keeping me from leaving - maybe it was my sanity. I feel lost, alone, and scared, not knowing what Mark was going to do once he came back. Perhaps the thrill and change was something I deeply desired and didn't want to let go of.

Almost every day for the past couple years, I've been doing the same thing everyday. I'd record, edit, research games to play for the next day, respond to comments, order take-out, eat alone, and lay in bed for a good couple of hours until my brain gave up trying to keep me conscious. It'd start over the very next day, only quitting for conventions, but otherwise I kept up the work. I'd even record for hours on holidays and be sure to reply to as many comments as possible. It doesn't sound like much to some, but it's exhausting on not only my body, but also my mentality.

I was used to being alone, sometimes I enjoyed the quietness that I could so easily break. Being able to do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about another person was comfortable, but it wasn't quite as lovely as the times I've spent with Mark, even given the circumstances. It was nice being able to proclaim love and have that person return it, it was the only time I didn't feel as lonely as I usually did.

My laptop, which had been sitting open on it's charger, broke me away from my thoughts. It lit up, ringing, alerting me of a Skype call. I couldn't quite make out who was calling from the bed without my glasses on, so I went up to it, smiling sadly when I noticed it was from Felix.

Closing the laptop, I went back to the comfort of blankets, pillows, and the smell of Mark. I closed my eyes, though I knew I wouldn't be sleeping. My phone started ringing next to me, making me sit straight up, hoping it was Mark. I sighed, seeing it was just Felix again and laid back down, pulling one of the blankets over my head. 

'Sleep is for the weak,' My mind echoed, making me groan in remembrance of one of the quotes fans knew me for. Maybe it's true, perhaps sleep is for the weak, but it's quickly taking me over. 'Maybe I am weak.'

~

I woke up again, feeling more groggy than ever. I rubbed my eyes, seeing it was gloomy outside and sighed, knowing I'll probably need my glasses today. I reached over and grabbed them off the nightstand, slipping them on, the outer part of my vision suddenly becoming clearer. I swung my legs over the bed once again, allowing them to hang off the edge as my hand snatched my phone, checking my notifications and seeing I had 48 missed calls, but only 4 texts, which shocked me. Had I slept that long? 

10 Missed Calls - Felix

36 Missed Calls - Mark 'Damn, I thought Felix called me a ton...' I thought to myself before seeing who the other calls were from. 

2 Missed Calls - Bob

Mark: Hey, sweetheart. They let me out today, but I have to do some tests quick to get some medication. I'll explain more when I get home, love you.

Mark: You okay? I'm worried. Call me back.

Mark: Jack, where are you???

Felix: Are you alright? I tried Skyping and calling... get back to me. 

Bob: What is happening? I saw a ton of shit on the news. I haven't been able to talk to Mark yet, he's really freaking me out. Please call me.

I ignored the texts, wishing I could just melt into the bed, but Mark was coming back. That was all the encouragement I needed in order to get my ass out of bed. I kept his shirt on, but slipped a hoodie on over it, along with a pair of dark skinny jeans. It was about three in the afternoon and I figured I'd just go shopping for some stuff before Mark gets back, but I suppose I'd have to message him to let him know in case he gets home before me.

To-Mark: Can't wait to see you! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was sleeping. I'm going to the store now. Need anything?

Mark: Thank fuck, I was worried about you, sweetheart! I don't need anything, thanks though, love.

To-Mark: Now you're calling me 'love'? XD

Mark: Well, you are my love so :P

To-Mark: You goober. Love you

Mark: Love you too, see you soon!<3

No matter the concern Mark or Felix had, I wasn't sure if it could fill the void of confusing sadness that was overcoming me.