Chapter Twelve

I shivered slightly when I saw Mark cover the hole with a shirt, intending on killing Felix. I was incredibly grateful I managed to save him in time, or else he'd for sure be dead by now. He was currently taking a shower, a bathroom was thankfully connected to the guest room I was staying in, telling me where Mark had hid his clothes in the basement and where he saw Mark keeping the key to get down there. I managed to get it with ease, only to come back and see Mark attempting to kill Felix, without knowing he was safely in my room.

Mark turned and saw me, giving me a smile. I frowned in return, trying to show him what he was doing was horrible, without giving away my knowledge about anything with the situation. He started coming back towards the house and I knocked on the door.

"Mark's coming back inside, you should probably hide," I said quickly, not waiting for a response, grabbing his bag and opening the door just enough to shove it in and close it again. 

"Just keep him out for a while," Felix replied softly, probably just as afraid as I was that Mark would hear him. A knock at my door startled me and I froze for a moment, wondering if Mark heard Felix. 

"Yeah?" I decided to simply call out, instead of opening the door. 

"Hey, Wade and Bob wanted to go out for lunch, you down?" 

"Yeah, just getting ready now, I'll be out in a few," I yelled and heard him start to walk away. The bathroom door opened, Felix dressed and cleaned. I gave him a quick hug before tugging him over to the window, pointing to the pole in the ground.

"What's that...? Is that... Did he...?" He trailed off softly, unsure what to say, seeing that Mark intended on killing him this morning. His eyes watered up and he hugged me tightly. "Thank you for literally saving my life, Sean. I can't believe he was going to kill me. If you hadn't found me-"

"Don't think about that," I said quickly, not wanting to get emotional. I couldn't even think about Felix dying, it tore me apart. He pulled away and rubbed at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt, breathing roughly.

"Still, thank you. I never thought Mark would kill me, even when he put me in that crate. God knows I'm going to need therapy for the rest of my life," He laughed roughly, sniffling, giving me a soft, reassuring smile. 

"Now do you think we should contact the cops?" I asked softly, he nodded, running a hand through his hair. 

"Yeah," He sighed, pulling me in for another hug. "I'll go to a station when you guys leave and tell them to come find him here tonight."

"That'll be interesting - having the cops bust down the door," I giggled softly and pulled away from him again. "Should I keep Bob and Wade around?"

"Just in case," He nodded and went over to his bag, gathering his stuff together. "I just hope Mark doesn't clear out any evidence by the time the cops come and that they trust all these bruises."

~

We were sitting in the restaurant, food in front of us, though none of mine was touched, just pushed along the plate, as I thought about tonight. I was terrified to witness an arrest, it's something I've only ever seen on movies, shows, and games. I just hoped it would be peaceful. 

"Wade, can I talk to you?" Mark asked out of the blue, to which Wade simply nodded. The two headed towards the bathroom and I frowned.

"Come with me," I pulled Bob's arm and we followed Mark and Wade near the restrooms, but they couldn't see us - we were just in earshot. 

"What's going on?" Wade asked and Mark sighed deeply, trying to avoid eye contact with Wade.

"We've been friends for a long time and you know I can trust you, right?" He paused, Wade silently nodding in response. "Well, I did something bad and I need someone on my side, who I can trust, no matter what happens."

"What did you do?" Wade asked firmly, Mark didn't say anything for a moment. "Whatever it is, you can trust me."

"No matter how bad it is?"

"You could've killed someone and I'd still protect you," Wade confirmed and my breath hitched in my throat at that.

"That's what I did. I killed Felix this morning," Mark admitted, thankfully unaware that Felix was, in fact, alive. Wade's look of surprise was nothing like I've ever seen, his face was full of pure horror, but trust. 

"You... You killed Felix? Why?" He tried to say calmly, but was clearly struggling. 

"You remember I told you I loved Jack. He got too close," Mark said and I felt my legs begging to give out beneath me. I looked over to Bob, seeing tears in his eyes.

"H-He killed Felix?" He struggled to get out, I shook my head.

"No, he's alive. It's hard to explain, but he's alive, don't worry. He's having the cops come and get Mark tonight. I'd really appreciate it if you stuck around," I informed him softly, he just nodded. 

"Did you have to kill him?" Wade's voice broke a bit, his body teetering.

"Yes. I wouldn't kill anyone in cold blood. He was going to hurt Jack, I had to get rid of him before he did anything to Jack," Mark swore, seeing Wade wasn't processing the information well. Bob looked to me expectedly, as if he trusted Mark as well. 

"So he attempted to kill Felix, from what I gather, was that really the reason?" He asked me, I shook my head.

"Felix said he was jealous," I shrugged, not exactly aware of the entirety of the situation. Either way, my trust laid with Felix, as nothing should've given Mark reason to try and kill him. 

"I got your back, Mark. What was Felix going to do to Jack exactly? I don't see Felix ever hurting anyone... especially a friend," Wade muttered, Mark pausing for a moment, clearly trying to think something up that would be worthy enough for murder.

"He was - uh - going to kidnap him, lock him in my basement, and do I don't know what to him," Mark lied, basically saying exactly what he did to Felix. "He told me before I killed him."

"You don't seem too upset," Wade noted, but not arguing against Mark's story.

"I'm incredibly upset, I've been trying not to break down all day! I'm just glad Jack's okay and that's all that matters."

~

Author's Note: I'm incredibly overwhelmed by all the positive feedback I've been receiving, I can't thank you enough for reading my story! I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to continue the story on, as I dug myself into a bit of a hole, but I think I finally got it - meaning the story will hopefully be longer. I hope you don't mind how many times I've been updating, this story has just been writing itself and it's been a blast. Hopefully this story doesn't suddenly turn to shit... (Spoilers: There will be a happy ending, though there's still quite a bit of story left!)

Thank you again!<3