Chapter Fifty Five

A/N: After a bit of consideration, I've decided to end this story at chapter sixty. This has been super fun to write and I love this fic to pieces, but it's pretty damn long. I originally thought to shoot for 100 chapters, but now I think that's just dragging it out.

If you enjoy my writing style and want to see more Septiplier fics from me, no need to fear!! The same day this is over, I'll be posting the first part to a new story called 'Slave', so keep an eye out if you're interested! That story is going to be dark af and I think it's a bit different than what you're thinking it's about... It's a bit more twisty and angst is insured.

Enough of my shameless self-promotion, onto the story!!

~

The last day had finally ended and we were out of here Sunday morning. Sleeping last night was a drag, but somehow I managed and woke up just in time to get ready to leave. I had taken the test again Saturday and was given the best news ever that I had managed to lower my score to what they wanted and although I'd have to take medication still, I was allowed to leave with Mark and Felix.

They still couldn't find out what was wrong with Mark, but thought he didn't create any damage and decided maybe it was just linked into his personality. Felix and I knew better, but kept out mouths shut, so Mark could leave with us. He had been pretty quiet ever since the guy who attacked me, Chuck, killed himself. I wonder if he felt guilty for grabbing him after pulling me out of the way. I wanted to assure him he had nothing to do with his death and that he did it out of his own misery, but I wasn't sure how to get through to him.

Felix had made the most progress out of all of us, but they still asked him to use a self-help and take the medication prescribed. He might've been helped the most, but he as well was quiet - or at least whenever Mark was around. I wondered if he was still afraid of him. Then again, now that I think of it, the two seem distant from each other. One moment, they were tight as could be, the next, they seem to just hate each other. At least Mark wasn't acting on that hate.

After being discharged from the mental facility once and for all, we drove to Mark's place in silence. It was unbearable, but I didn't break it, in fear of starting an argument between Felix and Mark. The drive wasn't too terribly long, thankfully, and I bursted out of the car immediately when Mark parked it and took off into the house, leaving the small bag we were able to take with us to the facility behind in the trunk of the car.

"Jack!" I heard Mark yell for me, but I grabbed the spare key I knew where Mark hid and unlocked the door, putting it back and getting inside, feeling the air conditioning hit me instantly. I went to Mark and I's room, digging through the bag I brought with to America, and found a black hoodie, slipping it on. I felt much more comfortable.

"Hey," Felix mumbled as he passed by, going down the hallway to his room. What got him down? I left the bedroom to see Mark coming in with both mine and his bag. I went up to him and grabbed mine.

"Sorry, just wanted a sweatshirt," I flashed a quick apologetic smile his way, but he just shook his head.

"It's like 90 degrees outside," He reminded me, to which I just shrugged.

"It's cold in the house."

"Okay..." He trailed off with a sigh, obviously not wanting to talk about this longer.

"Mark?" I called as he headed to our room with his bag, mine in my hand.

"Yeah?" He paused turning. He seemed so gloomy and sad, but I don't understand why. We're out of that goddamn facility, what else could be wrong? We should be celebrating with a cookie cake - mmm, shit that sounds really good.